Splitters?

PharmDawgg

Does anyone know if there are any splitters that work like switches? Like for instance I have a single coaxial cable in my bedroom and I would like to use it two purposes tv/internet but it degrades my internet signal so much that I prefer to only use it for Internet. I wish they had a coaxial splitter that only worked on demand. But am I living in fantasy land. Just curious.

Yes with F-Type coaxial connections. That way I can use my TV when I'm not gaming.

- I'm so stupid. I can connect my TV through my Xbox One because it has an HDMI passthrough. One connection but two purposes. Thanks Dillinger.

Just thought about it Dillinger it won't work because I don't have the HDTV service. Just the digital cable through the coaxial cable. So I'm back to the original question. A coaxial splitter with on demand qualities. If that makes sense.

Cool. You wouldn't happen to know a maker?

Pico/PICO was always a good brand when I was in this line of work.   You want one that has good isolation between ports, this keeps noise down on the "active" line from anything that could be occurring on the "off" side.

This one appears to be pretty good and is very similar to the PICO ones we used to use.  The only thing I didn't see immediately was whether this also is rated for return path (generally frequencies below about 50Mhz).  I would suspect it does, just because of the ratings and what services people were talking about in the comments/review section.

Essentially, you one that is well shielded, provides good isolation between ports (the one from Amazon claims 90dB - which is fuckton) and DOES NOT, under ANY circumstance, plug into the wall to "power it".  Don't spend the extra $$ for this feature, I have NEVER seen it work correctly for any period of time longer than a couple of weeks between service calls.   :P  :(

Archived