GEO filter - update button

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

Morning all

My update button disappears with certain hosts so I can not allow or deny that host . I am assuming this is because they are dedicated servers ? If that is the case I have a problem because I keep connecting with a couple in the UK and Europe and have terrible connections , strangely enough I occasionally connect with one in Seattle which is great ( I am UK based ) my GEO is set to strict @ 1000 k,s with PA assist at 30ms. My internet diagnosis is excellent across the board

You are correct Black Ops, if the update button disappears then it is a dedicated server and you can not block it. 

The seattle one is an incorrect location (hopefully you flagged it as such) and you are connecting to it as Ping Assist is doing its job.

If you want to avoid the dedicated servers you feel have a poor connection you would need to move your geo-filter so that they fall outside it's radius. However if that includes servers in UK / Europe then it could negatively affect your matchmaking.

Unfortunately the reality of any server (dedicated of player) is that there will be good and bad. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thats perfect Black Ops. The dotted outline means its a ping assisted host. So ping assist realised it was low ping even though it was all the way in the west coast. The reality is its probably an IP address in the wrong location. But that is the whole point of ping assist is to find and gracefully handle those anomalies :) 

Archived