Nighthawk Wired Bridge To Netduma R1

Hello,

Ive been having a hell of a time trying to get my Netduma Interface on screen. My setup is (Modem-Nighthawk-Netduma)

I am able to pull up the R7000 using the ip address given by Netgear. But when i try the 192.168.88.1 nothing.

The only reason i am setting it up this way is because my download is 300mbps and Upload is 25mbps. Otherwise i would go R1 to R7000.

Now i know there will be an update soon, but im trying to use what i pay for at the moment.

My main purpose is to use the R7000 to run all of the wireless devices in my house, and use the R1 for wired gaming.

Ive been stuck on this for a week now.

Can someone help???? Possibly with step by step instructions?

Please and Thank you!!

Respectfully

Rickamortis

Hi Rickamortis, welcome to the forum :)

Can you follow these instructions to access the Netduma from the WAN side :)

That should mean you can access the Netduma interface when connected to the Nighthawk.

Thank you. I did the noted change, and reset both routers as well as modem.

And still nothing.

Do i have to configure anything inside of the Nighthawk R7000?

Thank you once again!

• Netduma Staff

So you have WAN Access ticked in Settings >> Miscellaneous and you can't access the control panel when you type the WAN IP (found in device manager) into your browser when connected to the Nighthawk.

So you have WAN Access ticked in Settings >> Miscellaneous and you can't access the control panel when you type the WAN IP (found in device manager) into your browser when connected to the Nighthawk.

Yes i have the WAN Access ticked in settings, and typed in the WAN IP Address into the browser while connected to the Nighthawk. See thats why ive been pulling my hair out. lol

Yes i have the WAN Access ticked in settings, and typed in the WAN IP Address into the browser while connected to the Nighthawk. See thats why ive been pulling my hair out. lol

Also, what i did was tried the WAN IP Address from another device, like a smartphone and it worked! I do not have WIFI on my desktop, and im hard wired. 

Im thinking it may have something to do with the settings within the Nighthawk. Any thoughts?

• Netduma Staff

Also, what i did was tried the WAN IP Address from another device, like a smartphone and it worked! I do not have WIFI on my desktop, and im hard wired. 

Im thinking it may have something to do with the settings within the Nighthawk. Any thoughts?

Would you be able to come into chat? http://forum.netduma.com/chat/ It might be quicker to sort in there.

• Netduma Staff

We sorted this problem in chat :) The fix was disabling bridge mode on the Nighthawk then rebooting the Netduma.

I've also updated the Wiki page so people know to use the WAN IP and not the LAN IP.

I'll close the thread because the problem is solved but feel free to open a new one if you have any more questions. Have fun with it! :)

Archived