Installation Question

Im thinking of purchasing this product but need to make sure it will work with my home setup. I have ATT Uverse Arris modem/wireless router combo, can I go from my modem to the R1 then my R1 to my switch for my Xbone and PS4? I want to still use my ATT router for the wireless connection in the house because the signal strength is strong. I own a lag buster but Im not really satisfied with it and looking to improve my MP gameplay in Destiny and COD because the lag is driving me nuts!!

• Netduma Staff

If the devices are connecting to the ATT and not to the R1 then some of the features of the R1 would not work. For the R1 to work perfectly all devices have to go though it, but if you want WiFi to go through the ATT Modem/Router then you won't be able to do that, meaning only devices connected to the R1 will show up in device manager and congestion control. You did say though that you were looking to improve your game play though, so if you are ok with just using allow and deny + the GeoFilter then this will work fine. :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Thanks for considering purchasing the R1.

The only downside of your proposal is not every device will go through the R1. That means the congestion control can't fully do its job. In simple terms if a device that bypasses the R1 starts to download/upload heavily you may still lag as the R1 has no control over it.

Our other features like the Geo-filter will still work and can help you control distance lag for games, which is often a big factor. Persoanlly I'd recommend use the wifi on the R1 so you can also use congestion control but both work. 

Hope that helps.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I find it strong, but its personal preference. You can always use powerplugs or other devices if you like. But honestly its not the end of the world to put it the way you want. If you're lagging just make sure the devices connected to it are not the problem.

• 1 month later...
Guest Netduma_Iain

I don't personally play Destiny. But I know the distance limiting works in a bunch of game types. The only difference between Destiny is simply put every player is host. So unlike CoD where only the host has to be in your circle in Destiny every player has to be in your circle. In theory this is ideal as you won't have laggy players impacting your personal smooth connection. But I think in reality you end up having to increase your filter larger then you would for CoD. But it definately still works and if you search the forum we have a quite a few Destiny players and they say there happy. Hope that helps.

Guest Netduma Fraser

It's Purchased!!!

Fantastic! Thank you so much! We really appreciate it and hope you enjoy it :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

There is another thread here US Orders or something it maybe worth checking that out and seeing what other people experienced in your area. Its completely out of our control I'm afraid so I can't comment.

Guest Netduma Fraser

It just arrived!! need some help please. I connected my ATT Uverse cable box thru the netduma but the tv keeps freezing up

I believe youll have to have the ATT Uverse with TV connected and then the netduma connected to the Uverse. However, not entirely sure so if someone who has a similar setup could post to help :)

It just arrived!! need some help please. I connected my ATT Uverse cable box thru the netduma but the tv keeps freezing up

could you possibly post a photo or explain exactly how you have your set up wired atm please

Guest Netduma Fraser

I have the netduma connected to the modem/router combo then all other devises thru the R1

I dont know for sure but I would assume you would have to have your cable box going through your modem/router from the ISP. Then everything else through the R1. 

I;m sorry for so many questions what should the anti-flood be set to? and what should i set the device prioritization for my Xbox one and Ps4

You can find that all out here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings:)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks for the link that explains a lot, as far as my cable box is concerened thats what i did I'm running it thru my att modem. Will that effect the gaming?

No problem :) Okay, then it should be fine through the modem. It wont affect your gaming as you can still use the Geo-filter, however congestion control may not work as for that all devices should go through the R1. 

Archived