Support manual preview 1

Guest Netduma Fraser

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey guys you may have read my thread about doing a support manual, if not I posted about it here http://forum.netduma.com/topic/571-support-manual-ideas-feedback/ 

So basically Ive uploaded a PDF of a two page spread on the Geo-filter. It is in no way finished and the formatting sucks at the moment but we want initial early feedback so that we make it how you want. 

So for example, did you like the use of pictures? Too little/many, too small/big etc

Do you like having a small intro on what to do and then have sections that cover more info?

netdumamanuatest.pdf

I prefer Helvetica as jeycee said.

About photos, if this a pdf download manual ( not printed one ) use bigger and better images. I know making a manual is hard, boring and bad, but if you do a good work once you will have it always.

Regards!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the feedback guys. Fraser is going to improve the formatting & visuals a lot more. I think he was more interested in the structure of the document. So the structure in the document is, a large intro that provides an overview of the entire page. The overview references other subsections for details on particular features. So it sort of guides you through the typical uses of the host-filtering page.

This is slightly different to other manuals that basically just describe each feature in its own section. There is no real overview.  Do you like this structure? Or would you prefer another style, if so please explain.

I asked Fraser to post early as that is part of our ethos here. We get feedback early & adapt to it so we don't spend time making something you guys don't want.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Fraser, sorry I just seen this now whilst browsing the Coal Mine.

I like the idea but I personally love pictures to aid descriptions. Some sections would require less / more but a case in point for the geo-filter page would be to include a copy of each legend item for section 2.3. Just a little avatar size pic so the reader can immediately identify the icon.

I think the Wiki is a great idea. It will allow you guys to keep a more fluid up to date 'manual' if your graphics guy is busy and the legend falls behind again. 

Archived