AW on PC with Geo-filter

Guest Netduma Fraser

Guest Netduma Fraser

As it says in our buyers guide here http://www.netduma.com/buyerguide.htmlAdvanced Warfare on the PC is not supported. This is why there is no option to choose it. However, selecting your PC and then selecting Xbox Live seems to work for Advanced Warfare on PC. We have about 3 people doing this at the moment, they haven't come back to us so far, so no news is good news hopefully. 

Please let us know if it works for you :)

Ok, I received my Netduma today. Got it working no issues, upgraded to 1.02.6 as well.  I am strictly a PC gamer and do not have an XBox or PS4 connected although I own a PS3 its not being used.

Typically during the day, meaning 9am to around 5pm, my gaming is great, hit detection seems where it should be.  I do not really report lag or see lag compensation working.  

So testing the Netduma during those timeframes would not really work for me.  However with the Netduma I did not see any negative response in game during that timeframe, so that is a PLUS...

So for the night gaming(before Netduma), when I play at night I seem to get worse lag, worse hit detection etc.. I hate looking at kill cams and seeing the stupid!  

With the Netduma from around 9pm to 11pm (tonight) I played around 6 games (between breaks) and every single game the Hit Detection was Spot On!  It was great!

It is a small sample and I will have to play different days but yeah so far it is a positive experience.

My internet is 59 Up and 10 down.  (Algorithm set to Preemptive)

I used Congestion Control at Download Cap - 77% and Upload Cap at 77%

Device Prioritization was set at 22 for my PC, 8 for 3 of my other devices and 4 for other 13 devices.

I was going for 60 on my PC but I started playing with it and it set at 22 etc.. so I just left it and went in game and tried it, because I wanted to play!

For Geo Filter, at first I set it for all of the US, plus Canada, plus some of Mexico. I did this because there is not a big Advanced Warfare PC base like there is in Consoles. 

I found a game or two like normal.  But then I thought why not really restrict myself. So I moved it to 400 KM and when I went in game, it found 7 or 8 potential games but would not let me in! So I expanded to 800 KM, same thing, I could see there was plenty of games but again it would not let me join, I just sat in the lobby. 

I then decided to put it at 1956 KM which covers most of the US.  I was now getting into games.  I could then see Red Outlined solid dots within the range.  Not sure if those were people I was playing or not.  Would be interesting to know what those represent.

Anyway a positive experience for night 1 with Netduma.  I hope all the nights are like this moving forward. Will keep you posted.

Night #2 with Netduma, all still good with Netduma!!!  I cannot believe this Box does these wonderful things!  Its rocking on my PC! 

One friend has purchased one as well, he is waiting to receive his!  

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thats great news, two extra games supported now without us doing anything. Thats my favourite kind of work :)

Really glad you're enjoying it and thank-you for telling your friends.

• 3 months later...

Guys, I am one of those "few" running the R1 for PC gaming & can confirm what Iain states is in fact the best setup for gaming on the PC with the R1. After initial setup integrating the R1 within my setup it does exactly what it says on the tin! It doesn't make you a gaming god but what it does do is bring the "ENJOYMENT" back, especially in CoD games & it's P2P hosting with it's horrible lag comp! "A much more consistent gaming experience" is the phrase that comes to mind.

A big thanks to the NetDuma gang for that. Keep up the excellent work! :D

Archived