no hosts in canada

michaelz

Hi guys in canada here,  hooked up the net duma last night.......had various amounts of success....most notibly i could always find good games.......and just rarly getting bad ones (which used to happen more often without netduma)    Anyways i noticed that i never see circles in ontario my home province....surley there must be some hosts in the Toronto area (north americas 4th largest city).......i am always hooking up into the newyork area......pings 40-60   have never been in a 20 or so lobby. Any reason why i never hook up to a host in Ontario?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Michaelz,

Thank-you for purchasing the router. Can you take a screenshot of your geo-filter please? Try to get as many settings as possible. Could be a variety of reasons, but mostly it will depend on the playlist, time of day, peoples habits. Making your geo-filter too low can reduce the chance of a player host as well.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Also with new dlc maps out that will split the population heavily. If you have older cods are you noticing the same thing? 

Yeah I ll try that tmr...........my geofilter was on average about 1000km. I also noticed when i moved my home across the map it would light up usa when u scroll it over Usa but when u scroll over Ontario it would stay black . When scrolling higher up to the north in canada then canada would light up as well . I was play Aw at peak times and know that there are many locals playing (have been playing cod for 5 years, so am aware of all the playing patterns , times........dont think any of these parameters are the issue) Again i will take some shots tmr....and pay more attention to it........just off hand seems curious that i dont connect to anyone in Ontario  or see them for that matter.

ok one week on and no hosts or players in canada .....i always see circles in the usa and play against players from east to west ......it really blows my mind but I always thaught the greater toronto area with over 3million people would have at least a couple of gamers playing cod.......when in actuality  i end up playing people from the usa mostly .....unless the canadian circles just arnt showing up?

I'm in the same boat as michaelz. I live in Ontario and always connect to hosts in the NorthEast US. My pings are usually between 40-60ms but I have seem them go as low as 25 and spike as high as 150. I have been experimenting with my geo-filter but generally have it set to around 1000km as well.

I've been finding that P2P hosted games are generally smoother but 95% of the time I get matched with a dedi in the New York area which means 95% of my games aren't quite as smooth as I'd like them to be.

It would be cool to find out if there are in fact any dedicated servers north of the border. I'll keep my eye open but I don't think I've come across one yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same issue. In Toronto as well. While using xbox one and AW the best ping I get is 30ms.

Also all the servers are in the US, and when I hit trace the trace shows that my signal goes all the way up north to the west coast of Hudson's Bay prior to heading south to the states and eventually to the game server.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Trevor,

Sorry if you know this already(its hard to guage peoples networ knowledege) but 30ms is very good. I recommend ignoring the trace, its more of a novelty feature its far better just to focus on the ping. The game seems to have moved to dedis nearly exclusively for everyone recently. Thats why I suggested seeing if older cods behave the same way.

In the new version coming out soon the hosts have IDs. So you guys can let me know the host IDs of what you connect to and I'll see if they are in the wrong location. They could actually be in Canda as the pings seem too good to be true travelling at larger distances.

Archived