TamasN Posted Wednesday at 03:29 PM Posted Wednesday at 03:29 PM Hi Netduma Team, I would like to report a Wi-Fi performance/stability regression introduced in firmware version v4.0.1510 on the Netduma R3. Setup details: - Router: Netduma R3 - ISP Modem/Gateway: FRITZ!Box 7530 - Primary Client: PlayStation 5 Pro (connected via 5 GHz Wi-Fi) - Placement: R3 is on the ground floor, PS5 Pro is on the first floor almost directly above it. Issue experienced on v4.0.1510: - After updating to v4.0.1510, the Wi-Fi signal quality degraded noticeably in DumaOS, and frequent in-game "unstable connection" icons and ping spikes occurred on the PS5 Pro. - Troubleshooting steps taken on v4.0.1510: Performed a full Factory Reset, deleted and re-added the Wi-Fi network on PS5 Pro, adjusted antenna angles, tested fixed channels (36–48) and forced 20 MHz / 40 MHz channel widths. None of these resolved the ping spikes or signal instability. Workaround / Resolution: - I downgraded the R3 back to firmware v4.0.1147. - Immediately after the downgrade, Wi-Fi signal quality and connection stability fully restored. The PS5 Pro shows 100% signal strength, and all in-game ping spikes and instability warnings completely disappeared. This suggests there may be a Wi-Fi driver or RF power management regression in v4.0.1510 affecting 5 GHz penetration through floors/walls. Hope this data helps with the next firmware build!
Administrators Netduma Fraser Posted yesterday at 07:44 AM Administrators Posted yesterday at 07:44 AM Have you specifically split the WiFi bands and connected to the 5GHz? Overall 2.4GHz is better for stability, do you have a better experience with that on the latest version?
TamasN Posted 19 hours ago Author Posted 19 hours ago Hi Fraser, Thanks for the advice! I always keep my Wi-Fi bands separated and stick to 5GHz for the PS5 Pro since the ping is way more stable for gaming. I reinstalled v4.0.1510 today and did a factory reset, then put both bands to the test while playing Battlefield 6 with two devices streaming video and a third downloading a torrent: - 2.4GHz: DumaOS showed 'Excellent' signal and the PS5 hit 94-96%, but the ping spiked all the way up to 160ms and I couldn't get it to stabilize. I even dialed Congestion Control down to 10%, but it didn't help under that load. - 5GHz: Signal status in DumaOS fluctuates between 'Very Good' and 'Excellent' (PS5 shows 100%), but with Congestion Control at 60%, gameplay was rock-solid—zero ping spikes and zero packet loss under the exact same load. I originally suspected a Wi-Fi issue because on v4.0.1147 the signal reading was consistently 'Excellent' across all devices. On v4.0.1510, the signal reading started fluctuating, and I had ping spikes alongside those drops previously. Right now, despite the visual signal fluctuation in the UI, gameplay feels completely smooth on 5GHz. I'll keep monitoring performance over the next few days and let you know if anything changes. Cheers!
Administrators Netduma Fraser Posted 6 hours ago Administrators Posted 6 hours ago Good to hear, thanks for the update!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now