My first bad experience (not the R1's fault)

Ru2u

Had our first bad experience last night, at no fault of the R1 as it performed as it should have but of my situation and was hoping someone could help explain how to get around this problem.

I placed a Geo-Flter of 400km around my home location of Connecticut USA. My friends logged in from Florida and Texas so I disabled my filter and added them to my approved host list with ratings of 90% each then re-enabled the Geo-Filter. I loaded up a game and the Host and pool of players were selected from within my Geo-Filter and the game went very smooth for all of us. I switched lobbies and now it looks like my firend from Florida received host. The pool of players were still within my range but no large circles except his. The game experienced severe lag and he was 1 bar in game. We left that lobby and the same happened again. He was host and it lagged really bad, like walking into walls lag. It was so bad he logged off and reset reset his router but still lagged when he returned so he got ofline for the night.

So I only played with my friend from Texas now and we ran some tests. I moved my home location right over his circle and I got pings of 80-100ms and it wasn't really a smooth experience like it usually was but he said he had a great connection and triple kills all game, I did subpar. My home location gets me like 15-25ms pings. We tried this for like 3-4 games and the same results. Then I moved it back to my location and he still had an good experience, not as good as when I put home around him but still decent and my connection was slightly better.

1) How can I play with friends from around the US and still get a good connection for all of us

2) If I give my friend in Florida a poor host rating of like 20% will that prevent him from getting host or will it prevent him from connecting to me.

3) Should I move my home location to a location that is in the middle of the US between all of us so we are not all that far away from the host or pool of players and move it back to my location when I play alone.

Any advice will help to maximize our gaming experience

Thanks abc123,

Is there a sweet spot number I can rate my friends with bad connections so they can still connect to me but not get host?

no...rate them 100%, host is dictated by AW...it has nothing to do with duma.

Archived