Grand Theft Auto Online

juanr4252

Hi Guys i dont know how many of you are avid Gta Online players but have any of you tried reducing the lag in GTA and how so? Im tired of dying in rolls while playing death matches if any on you know what im referring to. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.!

I'm sorry but I have never tried GTA Online since getting the Netduma. If I can find the bits for my xbox 360 I will hook it up to see whether it is trying to connect to dedicated servers / player hosts.

What is your Netduma showing when you try to connect to a game and how big is your geo-filter currently set?

My netduma router only shows one host in the middle of the united states which i find weird. I see the hosts in COD AW but in GTA it is completely different i played a few tdms and not once did a host circle or red dots pop up in the geo filter. I have widened the range from 400km to full setting

I always though that GTA Online was going to be server based. If so the v1.0.7 will answer the questions as it will show the locations of any dedicated server you are connecting to as well as player hosts. Just now you could be connecting to a dedicated server and would not be aware of it.

When you connect to the server you can see, have you tried pinging it and watching the ping graph to see if it is steady / spiking up lots etc?

Sorry I am just about to head out the door to a meeting but I'll look back in at lunch time (UK) to see if any responses or I can assist.

I played a few TDMS and kept an eye on the ping graph from the only host on the map the one in the middle of the country. it ranged from 30 - 120 and i noticed that when i confronted a player who was laggy it spiked sometimes to 120. I know these players and they are from Mexico both of them but only 1 of them was really laggy. Thank you for you replies! 

Guest Netduma_Iain

I do believe gta is P2P which means every player has to be within your circle. Good news and bad news time:

1. Good news is that you get near optimum experience as everyone is near you
  2. Bad news, unless you're lucky you need expand your circle quite large to get games especially since its not as popular as CoD I believe

I know two people who use it so I'll get them on twitter to post back here :)

GTA Online on Xbox One is a bit of a mess atm. Lots of issues. So im not gonna go into that. PS4 however is perfectly fine. The thing with GTA Online is that it has an Auto invite and play system. This invites all your friends and crew members, when those friends and crew members join the lobby then their friends and crew members get invited. This way you always have the risk of getting connected with someone from Mexico when you're in the UK. If you join random lobbies then you should be fine. I always have a good connection while playing GTA Online (never an empty lobby either always 25-30 players) and you guesed it. I play it a lot. 

Netduma is mainly for matchmaking kind of games like CoD and Destiny. Thats where you get the most benefit. GTA Online is still a good place for a Netduma though. Good connections fo deeeyzzz

I do believe gta is P2P which means every player has to be within your circle.

It is indeed, like all R* games. Bonus tech info link here.

B)

I've not played it for a while but will fire it up tonight on the Xbone and report back. In other Rockstar games (RDR & MP3), I've run into issues where if a blocked player tries to join my session, I'll get removed due to connection issues.

I dont think you guys understand the lag im referring to here. On facebook we have a very large community where we do crew battles. We do tdms to prove which crew is better. The lag im referring to is while shooting your opponent if you roll you will die because on their screen you havent rolled. There are videos showing this. They get the headshot while on your screen you are doing the combat roll. This is what is most frustrating about lag in the game for me. Not the actual free roam lobbies

Guest Netduma Fraser

I dont think you guys understand the lag im referring to here. On facebook we have a very large community where we do crew battles. We do tdms to prove which crew is better. The lag im referring to is while shooting your opponent if you roll you will die because on their screen you havent rolled. There are videos showing this. They get the headshot while on your screen you are doing the combat roll. This is what is most frustrating about lag in the game for me. Not the actual free roam lobbies

Whats the ping to the host when you experience this?

Thats the thing. On the map there are no host as i try joining deathmatches or get invited to deathmatches. What i did notice however was when i joined random tdms from the quick match menu a host appears in the middle of the united states. Thats the only ghing i see on the geo filter

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thats the thing. On the map there are no host as i try joining deathmatches or get invited to deathmatches. What i did notice however was when i joined random tdms from the quick match menu a host appears in the middle of the united states. Thats the only ghing i see on the geo filter

I think this may be because GTA V isnt fully supported which is why you arent seeing much on the Geo-filter. Our cloud updates should help with that. What version of the router are you on? If you scroll to the bottom of a page on the control panel it will tell you :)

Thanks I am doing that now. I really appreciate the responses Id very much like to promote this product to everyone on the facebook group page i am sure many others will be onterested if i can prove that my lag has gone down in GTA and no more annoying roll deaths.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks I am doing that now. I really appreciate the responses Id very much like to promote this product to everyone on the facebook group page i am sure many others will be onterested if i can prove that my lag has gone down in GTA and no more annoying roll deaths.

Thanks very much, that is very nice of you! 

Archived