Geofilter not working on Call of Duty PC Xbox version.

Suffy1570

I have been using Geofilter with the PC Steam version of Call of Duty since it was released and it works well. With the new Call of Duty being on the gamepass I have started playing the Xbox PC version but Geofilter doesnt seem to work at all with this version of the game. I have tried multiple restarts of both the Router and PC aswell as also doing a factory reset of the Router but It still does not work when playing the Xbox PC version but as soon as I start the Steam version it works normally. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the new Call of Duty is coming out on Friday and would like to have the Geofilter working so I can play the Xbox PC version and don't have to purchase the Steam version.

• Administrators

This is something we'll be retesting, in the meantime, in devices if you change the PC to have the device type of a console it should then work again on the Geo-Filter. Make sure to delete the device on the Geo-Filter first, then change the type, then re-add it back to the Geo-Filter.

• Administrators

I don't have EE unfortunately so I can't easily check, it might be you're not able to do that. When you go to add a device to the Geo-Filter could you provide a screenshot of all the services you have available to choose from please?

• Administrators
12 hours ago, iOrcus said:

@Netduma Fraser i have a question. im currently on FW v4.0.236 Because everything works better than other FW's. if i do a factory reset will i have to setup all my devices again? or will everything be saved? asking because i dont feel like setting everything up again.

A factory reset will revert it to factory default settings so as though you were setting it up again for the first time, the only thing that persists through is the firmware version you're on. 

17 hours ago, Suffy1570 said:

Nope. Here is the full list.

The team have said it should be working without the workaround I mentioned so they'll be testing it and getting a fix out via the cloud as soon as they can.