How do I go about a warranty claim?

I purchased the Netduma R2 less than a year ago. Sadly about a week before the R3 launched.I’m having problems and had my ISP out here today and they are telling me it’s the router. I have done a factory reset on it but running into issues with the speed test and ping optimizer on initial setup, just never ending loading. It’s on the 3.3.280 latest firmware. I think my R2 is faulty. Is there any way I can send it back, any way I can pay the difference and upgrade to R3, and will I just have no router or Wi-Fi in that downtime?

• Administrators

It doesn't sound like an issue that warranty would be needed for. We are aware Ping Optimizer/Speed Test isn't 100% reliable at the moment and it's something the team are working on. Those features can still work, it just may not be every time. In the meantime best to adjust Congestion Control manually/set your speeds manually. 

So the problem that I had my ISP come out for is low speeds and high ping, I pay for cox gigablast so it’s supposed to be 1000mbps down and like 100 up. It’s been like 90mpbs down with ping download ping that fluctuates between 13-1000 and upload ping constantly at like 150 while testing on Speedtest. They came out and testing everything, with their equipment straight from coax I was getting the correct speeds, like 1.25 gb down. They tested outside and everything was fine. Then we tested on my pc again straight from modem instead of through router and the speeds were there. So they said the problem is the router. Sometimes the speeds through the router seem somewhat normal and sometimes they are way off, I have no idea why but they said the router is the cause and it does seem that way. Now they are probably going to charge me a fee for the visit since the problem seems to be with my equipment. This was all after I already did a factory reset before they came over, so no congestion control or anything on. I did another reset after they left and that’s where I ran into those other issues setting up.

Should I wait til I’m getting the really low speeds again, right now Speedtest is fluctuating between 300-600 down but over the weekend it was almost consistently 90, or should I just do it now? Also it that ok to post here with IP and MAC addresses showing?

That was with no congestion control active, low speeds and ping spikes as high as 4000. When ISP came out and tested with their equipment I was getting 1.25gb down and they are blaming the router. I don’t want to be without a router so I’m  wondering if I should purchase a new router and send this one back to you guys for refund. I have screen recordings of speed tests, issues, modem info and Duma OS settings if you would like me to send that somewhere. Please let me know what you would like me to do next.

Ok, what exactly is your warranty policy?It’s been less than a year and it seems to be defective, it’s sat on the same desk and never moved since I purchased so it’s not physically damaged in any way that I could be responsible for, so what are my options? I’ll try the newest firmware but I would like to know my options.