Internet not behaving new r3 router latest firmware 4.0.219

Brandflakes08

Anyone else having issues running the r3 having the internet be weird on it, not loading images in twitter or Instagram I've only set this router up 2 days ago coming from a xr1000 and tbh not to impressed with this performance as soon as I switch to mobile data or reactivate the Virgin Media ISP router wifi and use those everything loads absolutely fine. Anyone have ideas on what could be up here 

Screenshot_20240705-140325.png

3 minutes ago, Brandflakes08 said:

I have that disabled it wouldn't allow me to access XFX support site so I have it disabled completely 

It is disabled but it's nowhere near as snappy as the ISP router or the xr1000 I'd never have this grey image or failure to play video on Twitter

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What speeds do you pay for/receive? It may be worth changing your DNS to 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 and seeing if that works better

I pay for 1gb internet upload is 50mb this is what's received on the router when doing a speed test. I'll try the DNS change now

Screenshot_20240705-182742.png

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Speeds are all fine then, is there much else happening on the network when you're noticing this behavior? If so how do you have Congestion Control set?

Nothing crazy at all I'm just have Netflix on while I'm going about the apartment. 

Edit: DNS update didn't help much either I uninstalled Twitter and cleared cache still persisting.

Screenshot_20240705-193215.png

Screenshot_20240705-193507.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What about Congestion Control in Ping Optimizer > Advanced?

Have you made any other changes to the R3 specifically?

I just did the geo-fence, ping optimizer, priority list, named my devices I use and that about it 

Edit: ping optimizer - advanced photo

Screenshot_20240705-220050.png

• Administrators

Set the download/upload down to 70% just in case. It could be the WiFi so:

• Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

On 7/5/2024 at 10:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Set the download/upload down to 70% just in case. It could be the WiFi so:

• Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

Figured this out after another factory reset, I had to create an allow list in the adblocker even though it was disabled, made a allow list for x.com under domains and activate the adblocker.