New isp _ New subnet - can´t login to the dumaos

Result of ipconfig:
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 100.110.5.195
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 100.110.5.1

I stupidly set ipv6 by mistake in the reset proces. And now managed to get the pc working without ipv6 in networking, but the wifi doesn´t work or broadcast.

I can´t setup NAT for open nat. But the ping and bandwith is way better than my former ISP.

I hope, you can help. Thank you.

• Administrators

Based on the IP address you have there you have CG-NAT so you won't be able to get an Open NAT. You can do the test at the bottom of this guide to double check: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

What happens when you try to access the router via ethernet, what do you see?

Thanks for the reply.

I have a public ip and they would put the fiber box in bridged mode.

Nothing happens. It times out.
Ping results in TTL expired in transit.

I took the power of the fiber box. removed ethernet to it and set up the netduma. But without even having to enter login and password after reset.

Set the password and now   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.77.1

Thank you. I hadn´t rebooted the fiber box... duh 😕

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Everyone has a public IP, I just did a trace to yours and didn't get any timeouts - did you specifically do the IP you see if you put my ip into Google?

It´s a dynamic ip, so they didn´t setup a static ip.
Also I will get out of cgnat asap. It´s 10 jumps :o

Thanks for your help.

The release time in the fiber box is 3 hours and after that the Netduma R2 keeps loosing internet connection.

I managed to factory reset and apply the 3.3.280. The update kept not applying the 3.3.280 (Which I already had.)

The changed the fiber box just 2 months ago because the old one malfunctioned. So it´s the most recent version for fiber connection here in Denmark.

The fiber bos is in bridged mode and I have a static IP address.

But now the Netduma keeps rebooting until I unplug the fiber box cable.

It´s very strange. I´ll try to get 12 hours release on the fiber box connection.

I would like to praise your Netduma app. it´s so easy to port forward and make static lan connections.

ipconfig:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : lan
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.77.xxx
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.77.1

There´s only 1ms in tracert. and 1 jump.

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms

Thanks for any help.

it turns out it may be the ps5 that tries to become a router instead of the netduma r2.

Very weird.

The cable on my pc also looses the internet connection continously. on / off all the time. It only connects to the internet for at very short period of time.

But the ps5 is not in sleep mode but turned off. Now it´s cabled off when I don´t use it. Let´s see it if changes everything.

The support also suggested that it could be the netduma power supply that could be the problem. Next 3rd hour is in 1 hour.

The ps5 is also a static lan ip address for port forwarding.

The rapp ping heatmap starts the reboot thing. I changed the cable to the fiber box just in case.

I moved the power cable to the netdumas to a different wall socket.

sure.
Firmware is 3.3.280.

I tried changing the DHCP lease time to 3 hours to correspond with the lease time on the fiber box. But that made is far more unstable for just about 10 - 20 minutes up time.

I just had no static ip for my gamer rig and ps5. They still get the same local ip each time. And the dhcp request in both of them are automatic. 😕

netduma.jpg

• Administrators

That's fine, to make the R3 have a static IP to hopefully prevent this lease being a problem you'll need to do this on the right hand side - WAN > Network > Static. Check the WAN IP for the R3 on the System Information page then put in the Settings like this:

IP

(the WAN IP on the System Information page)

Subnet Mask

Gateway

(the IP address you use to access the box)

then apply and reboot, wait a few minutes and see if the issue happens again.

Thank you.

Although it continously reboots the first time. Taking the cable to the fiber box stops it and plugging it in gave me 4 hours 50 minutes without problems and then it occurred again.

With rebooting until I took the cable and waited for steady lights and plugging the cable again.

They couldn´t make it a static ip in the fiber box it as it is in bridge mode.

Also my Netduma R2 suddenly yesterday started disconnecting the ethernet ports. First port 3 then port 4.

I reset the router and now the ethernet ports all work again. 😕

It still reboots continously after 3 hours lease is up in the fiber box.

No, not at all. They have some feature to update their network settings.

But I just got a Netduma R3 yesterday and it has been running smoothly for 18 hours without any problems. :)