Quest 3 ignoring VPN

Hi all. Sorry if there has been something similar but I couldn’t find it if there has. I have had this problem before but for the life of me, can’t remember how I resolved it. Basically the vpn on my R2 isn’t working for my quest 3. I’ve tried blocking it too and it ignores that and still has internet access. I’ve tried removing the device from device tree and forgetting the network. All other devices work correctly. Any help would be appreciated 

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

What router firmware version are you on currently? So what is your aim, to block the internet entirely for the Quest or to use the VPN to access foreign content for example?

Can you provide a screenshot of your HVPN page please?

Thanks. I’m currently on 3.3.280. I’m trying to use the vpn to change location. Blocking internet access is just something I try if a vpn isn’t working. Is the supplied photo ok or do you mean logs?

IMG_0333.jpeg

• Administrators

That all looks correct, double check the IP on the quest itself then check the Device Manager at the device you think it is, do the IPs match? 

I thought so. It is definitely the right one. Checked the ip and took everything off the network just to check. It’s annoying me that I can’t remember how I resolved it last time

• Administrators

Where are you located approximately and what is the VPN location? 

Set the DNS on HybridVPN to the IP of the server, does that fix it?

I’ve managed to sort it finally. I Forgot network on Quest > deleted it from device settings > rebooted router. All of which I tried numerous times. Maybe it was the order that did it or just plain luck. It was jumping around from 2.4 to 5 if that could have been affecting it I don’t know. Thanks for your help.