failed nat type

sean

Generally best to let the Netduma upnp the ports (the router is very good at it actually)

For the failed nat type, the Geo-filter can cause a false positive result. If you remove your port forwarding rules, enable upnp and disable geo-filter then test NAT again it should show as open.

If NAT then goes to moderate / strict with geo-filter on it is a false positive and nothing to worry about.

Yes i'm use to opening and forwarding ports,but think about it like this the duma does it for you.To me that means less BS setting things up and more time enjoying your new hardware.This is not your ordinary router,the more you use it the more that will come to light.

And like buds said i disable the GF and untick strict,then fire up the game when your online go ahead and enable the GF again and tick strict and you'll have an open nat. 

Generally best to let the Netduma upnp the ports (the router is very good at it actually)

For the failed nat type, the Geo-filter can cause a false positive result. If you remove your port forwarding rules, enable upnp and disable geo-filter then test NAT again it should show as open.

If NAT then goes to moderate / strict with geo-filter on it is a false positive and nothing to worry about.[/quote

If I don't forward ports I don't get open nat .. It's failed . IBut the geo filter works if I use upnp I still get failed nat ??

@ sean did you disable the GF and untick strict before you fired up the game ? I'm not the most tech savvy guy here by any means by from my experience the nat failed cuz the GF blocks the device that checks your nat.

And are the friends you can't connect to on your allow list ?

Someone who has a lot more experience than me will be along shortly and can explain it better than i can.But it's recommended that you let the duma open the ports for you.

Guest Netduma Fraser

@ sean did you disable the GF and untick strict before you fired up the game ? I'm not the most tech savvy guy here by any means by from my experience the nat failed cuz the GF blocks the device that checks your nat.

And are the friends you can't connect to on your allow list ?

Someone who has a lot more experience than me will be along shortly and can explain it better than i can.But it's recommended that you let the duma open the ports for you.

Yeah sean try what fuzzy clam suggested and get back to us :)

Archived