OSRS Ping Optimization

I've found that OSRS (Old School RuneScape) servers have a weird instance where I vary between 19-23 ping on their US East servers in the early mornings to mid-day, though after mid-afternoon through until evening, I see consistent strange behavior exclusively to the US East servers where I receive ping timeouts on a frequent basis, and if not timeouts, then ping spikes.

As a general rule, is it known what could be causing this on a router level? Or might it be the OSRS servers? I chat with players in-game on the same worlds and their ping experience (there's a plugin to see a real-time graph) remains fairly consistent. without the same timeouts or spikes that I receive. The only thing I can ever think of is that I've used DumaOS routers, considering this ping variance has happened with both a cable ISP and a fiber ISP.

I have the newest 4.0.219 firmware on the NetDuma R3.

• Administrators

Based on what you've mentioned, the time of day is significant, if it's fine and stable during the morning then the router can't be having an issue/be incorrectly setup - the issue you're seeing is peak time congestion I suspect, either on the game side or more likely from your ISP side. This usually occurs when there are a lot of people in your area all using the internet at once and more often using the same ISP - there isn't much you can do about it other than potentially change to an ISP that is less popular.