Higher ping with Duma router then Regular Nighthawk? (XR300/XR500/XR1000)

Hello, for some reason on CoD MW3 (PC) i ping 7-9 on the game with the old regular nighthawks, I tried an R6700v3, R8000P (X6S) and the R7000 and i ping lowest 7 to cod. I also own a XR300, XR500 and an XR1000 and the lowest i ping on cod is 10-12. I hit 9 occasionally but never 8. Im confused as to why a newer nighthawk is giving me a higher ping on cod compared to the older nighthawks from back then. I know the ping difference is a few but its concerning because why would i hit 7 ping in games on older models but only 10 on newer ones. All routers have the same settings none have qos or anything enabled as with qos my ping doesnt hit the lowest of 7. Does the XR routers add delay or have some type of extra latency because of the duma software or what is it please i'd wanna know.

• Administrators

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the XR? E.g. XR in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode. Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

The modem is the xfinity modem CGM4140COM and also i had an arris SB8200 and had the same issue.

The modem is in bridge mode and ALL devices are connected to the XR router, im currently using the xr1000 for now cuz i wanna fix it

as ive said in the original post i have them both disabled, i dont get a low ping of 7 with qos on any dumaos router. Geo filter also has nothing to do with anything, i ping 10-13 with the dumaos router (xr anything tbh) and with literally a R6700v3 netgear router i get 7-9 ping. thats almost a 6-7 ping difference it has to be something faulty with the duma routers or the dumaos adds latency. No qos or geo filter is gonna fix this issue 

also forgot to mention as of last night i switched to my xfinity 2 in 1 modem/router and my ping has been 7-9 ALL day and i was always connecting to my closest server. with the XR500 or xr1000 i get the chicago server (my closest server) and i ping 10-13. and i was RARELY even connecting to the server either. I would get 20+ ping lobbies even 30+ or even 40 sometimes even 60+ lobbies. 

On the default xfinity modem/router or any netgear router (Non dumaOS) i get the closest server ALL the time and always pinging so low as low as literally 7 ping. 

A default isp modem/router or any netgear router is pinging lower and connecting to better servers over a overpowered dumaos router with geofilters that dont get me the chicago server and qos that does nothing but give me the highest ping possible on my closest server.

At this point ive given up on the duma routers i dont think they work and truly give u the best connection and bullet reg possible. All they do is remove excess lag thats literally it. 

• Administrators

If your ping is truly that low and stable consistently and local congestion isn't an issue for you and you're always connecting to local servers then it is unlikely to be able to help you as that is the two things it does help with and so in this rare situation the extra processing the router is doing may actually be negatively impacting you. I've not seen anyone claim that low/reliable ping or be able to always connect to local servers just with their natural connection so I'd definitely hang on to your internet provider and don't change anything.

• Administrators

Based on what you've said it appears your connection is very good and you weren't having any issues prior so there are no issues for the router to fix