[Netduma R1 and R2] not working at all

Hello,

I've recently experienced something really weird.

My Netduma R1 stop working since last night.

I came into my room and noticed that no light were blinking on the device (just the on for PWR on the back).

I've tried everything, even reseting the device and now I'm stuck at the password on windows.

The original password don't work at all. (I've used it a 1000 times since 2014 and now all of a sudden it's like the router won't let me access it).

Is there a default password after reseting ? (I've tried the SN without the last /3 digits and it doesn't work at all).

So I've decided to unbox my Netduma R2 to give it a try. (I haven't had the chance since the release).

Almost the same problem.

I can enter the wifi password, but when I'm connected and trying to access the 192.168.77.1 nothing happen. I'v tried My phone, my laptop.

I've tried reseting the device and same issue, nothing changed, I still can't access anything.

The 5Ghz led keep flashing. But not the 1,2,3,4 ethernet port.

On firefox or samsung browser (a.k.a Chrome).

If you have any idea of what's going on I'm all ears, it's the first time I experience both Netduma (R1 and R2 simultaneously bricking like that).

Anything could help.

I'm stuck on my phone for now 😔

Thanks.

• Administrators

I'd connect via ethernet to get around the password problem and you should be able to go from there. 

What do you actually see when trying to access the interface?

For the R2, while connected to the router via a wired Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

I think I partially found the problem

While reconnecting the power outlet of the R1 all 5 LED are blinking. And the power outlet is emitting a weird buzzing sound.

I've inverted with the R2 adapter and nothing happened.

Seems like the 12V 1amp adapter of the R1 fried.

Is there a default password after reseting the R1 ? What is IP V6 ? Should it be activated ?

• Administrators

Default WiFi password I wouldn't know, it'd be based on the serial number. If that's not working then connecting via ethernet and then changing it would be best. You can ignore IPv6.

Could you do the command prompt for the R2 please?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Default WiFi password I wouldn't know, it'd be based on the serial number. If that's not working then connecting via ethernet and then changing it would be best. You can ignore IPv6.

Could you do the command prompt for the R2 please?

I'm deeply sorry, but what's a command prompt ?

(Sorry for my english, not my native language). 😔

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Type command prompt on the windows search bar, open it, type ipconfig press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

Hello, I'll try that. But first I have to find a new 12V 1amp power cord.

I'll repost in this topic next week. (I'll try all the solution with my brother including changing all the cables, power cord and ethernet cable).

I've tried again, and the ip adresse of the R2 is not accessible :

NetdumaR2.thumb.JPG.e01e42ff65a1c90533ba4b2abed524f9.JPG

And my ipconfig :

ipconfignetdumaR2.JPG.834670e276f7b5e3ac80c5eb95060129.JPG

So impossible to boot the R2 ans start the tour to initialise the router.

I'm getting more and more confuse.

• Administrators
  1. Right-click on the Network/WiFi Windows Network Icon on the PC on the bottom-right hand side of your screen
  2. Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Click Change Adapter Settings.
  4. Right-click your connection and go to Properties.
  5. Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to disable it.

Then:

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

DNS: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. Right-click on the Network/WiFi Windows Network Icon on the PC on the bottom-right hand side of your screen
  2. Open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Click Change Adapter Settings.
  4. Right-click your connection and go to Properties.
  5. Uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to disable it.

Then:

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

DNS: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

Hello,

This is what I just did, and again, nothing worked.

But all the light are now turning on :

20240703_183711.thumb.jpg.32b4bef6b195dbafaa0a2d0b25a95e08.jpg

I also tried the wifi password, it connected to the R2 but with a"connection limited" notification.

The 192.168.77.1 also didn't worked.

Here is my new ipconfig :

ipconfigfraser.thumb.JPG.26fd6df01046c78b76d10fc55e7db7c9.JPG

I'm getting desperate. 😔

Ok, I went ahead I bought a TP-Link Routeur. Now My internet's working, but sadly no geofilter.

I would like it very much to return the R2 to you guys, so you can see what's wong with it.

• Administrators

Don't connect via WiFi and ethernet at the same time as they could be conflicting and preventing access. 

It's unlikely the router is under warranty and the router isn't sold anymore so isn't worth it - it's likely a hardware fault.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't connect via WiFi and ethernet at the same time as they could be conflicting and preventing access. 

It's unlikely the router is under warranty and the router isn't sold anymore so isn't worth it - it's likely a hardware fault.

Is there a possibilty that the semi conductor (or flash memory) died because I didn't use it for a long time ?

And is there a way (or a hope) that it will work one day ?

I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong.

• Administrators

Potentially but very hard to say, these are the only other suggestions I could provide:

Unplug the R2 from power, wait for 30 seconds, hold the Factory Reset button, while continuing to hold plug the power back into the R2 and keep holding the reset for 30 seconds then release. Wait 4 minutes, then try accessing please and see if you can go through the setup wizard.

Unplug the router from power for 24 hours, plug in, then wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if you can get internet. It may seem excessive but we have seen routers come back to life doing this.

You can try multiple factory resets in a row to see if that brings it back but if the other suggestions didn't work it is likely bricked. 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Potentially but very hard to say, these are the only other suggestions I could provide:

Unplug the R2 from power, wait for 30 seconds, hold the Factory Reset button, while continuing to hold plug the power back into the R2 and keep holding the reset for 30 seconds then release. Wait 4 minutes, then try accessing please and see if you can go through the setup wizard.

Unplug the router from power for 24 hours, plug in, then wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if you can get internet. It may seem excessive but we have seen routers come back to life doing this.

You can try multiple factory resets in a row to see if that brings it back but if the other suggestions didn't work it is likely bricked. 

I'll try that this week end. Thanks again for the support.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2024 at 10:27 AM, glaglaman said:

I'll try that this week end. Thanks again for the support.

After further testing a whole afternoon, it didn't come back to life.

Thanks again for tying to help me.

At least I know that I have to find an other solution here.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear that, you're welcome, as commiseration I can offer you 30% off an R3 if that's something you'd be interested in.

I'll think about that thanks a lot.

I've bought a random TP link routeur for my brother. I'll look further into that (the R3) when I'll move (probably end of the year or next year).

Thanks again.