Netduma R2 - Setup: Undiscoverable on network

Hi guys,

I have a question with a recently bought Netduma R2 device. Unpacking experience is really good but I am having issues accessing the interface. Its not discoverable on the network and I tried all the steps suggested on the forum, including the booklet.

Attempted reset multiple times for over 30 seconds with the router both connected to power and off

Connected Netduma R2 to BT Hub Soho router, while both devices were off and on, connected main ethernet connections to netduma while off.

I even tried to use the switch capabilities to test if the router is working in the background.

http://dumaos, dumaos/, 192.168.77.1 not working, Netduma not discoverable in SOHO BT Hub interface as a network connected device either

Lights are blinking all the ethernet cables including the router are recognised. Netduma doesn't appear as a wireless option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I really want to get this up and running. Have a good evening!

• Administrators

Honestly I would say if you're having this trouble right from the start that it's very likely you've bought a faulty router and I would highly recommend returning it, I doubt you'll be able to recover it and they probably know that because they've tried and not been able to, hence the sale

Hey Netduma Fraser,

You are spot on and have just confirmed my worries that the router itself is faulty. Really appreciate the super fast response on my question. Will get the return sorted, do you know if DumaOS 4.0 is coming to the R2's by any chance?

Have a good evening!

ev0c1tu5

Awesome man. Again really appreciate it, I might actually wait for the R3 to purchase instead now considering the situation. Opened the return on eBay, device is packadged back up. Cool piece of kit you guys are doing some great stuff for networking on these routers!

Have a good one Fraser!

Best,

ev0c1tu5