.219 issues

Evening all,

Currently running .219. Issues are:

1-Ethernet ports taking ages to register devices / losing connection 

2-Upnp still bugged with ipv6 enabled 

3-button delay is off the scale on all games

connection type. Pppoe BT Fttp 500mb wired

its getting ridiculous now. Gaming is completely unplayable in these conditions 

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback:

1. By taking ages to register do you mean if you turn on a device it takes a little while for it to get a connection? If so how long? Can you get the logs when you get a disconnect please?
  2. We're aware we need to do more work on IPv6
  3. What is your ping to these games?

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to this one?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the feedback:

1. By taking ages to register do you mean if you turn on a device it takes a little while for it to get a connection? If so how long? Can you get the logs when you get a disconnect please?
  2. We're aware we need to do more work on IPv6
  3. What is your ping to these games?

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to this one?

When fully restarting the thing it’ll start up and load absolutely fine however anything connected via Ethernet will take a minute or 2 to connect. The R2 never had this delay with direct connection.

I gathered that why I’ve left it off

no ping stays the same in game 8-12ms however the whole feel feels very off. It’s like im trying to shoot 1 second behind my opponent. I don’t know how to describe it other than sever input delay. This is the worst firmware for this. .170 runs very crisp when it comes to in game responsiveness but only problem I find with .170 is it locks up after 24 hours. If that bug wasn’t there .170 is exactly where it’s meant to be at.

Just went back to .170 input delay has disappeared and is much better now. Something isn’t right on the .219 firmware 

• Administrators

I can get the team to take a look at the eth delay. It might be you need to re-adjust your QoS settings on this version as it's a bit of a jump from .170 so the same settings may not apply. If you haven't factory reset in awhile as well that would likely help

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can get the team to take a look at the eth delay. It might be you need to re-adjust your QoS settings on this version as it's a bit of a jump from .170 so the same settings may not apply. If you haven't factory reset in awhile as well that would likely help

Done a bufferbloat test was A* and I do factory reset after changing any firmware 

• Administrators

Browser based tests aren't necessarily the best way to test I'd suggest testing with downloads while following: https://bit.ly/bufferbloat-test start with a high value e.g 95%, test, decrease 10%, test, decrease 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good, then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. Important to note that Download/Upload on CC don't have to be the same value & you may have a better experience with differing values. This is more of a real world test as you're actually doing traffic you would normally do.