Worth buying Netduma for optimising EA FC 24 in Greece ?

Ssnap

Hello everyone,

I am playing ea fc 24 and fifa series the last 3 years from Greece with the usual gameplay lag/delay problems.

Last year I upgraded to a FTTH ISP with a 200mbps line and my active ping is currently down to 36ms, although it may fluctuate between 32 - 48 in game.

Of course, as anyone playing fifa knows, ping means nothing on the actual feeling of the gameplay. With the same ping, you may have tens of different gameplay experiences, depending on day, time of playing etc.

I would like to ask if anyone has used Netduma here in Greece and managed to improve and smoothen out the gameplay here and would advise me to proceed with purchasing a Netduma.

Thank you very much in advance !

• Administrators

I will say out of all the games out customers play this is one of the hardest ones to provide a consistent experience for, even with settings all perfect you can't guarantee every game will be amazing so I'd say it'll definitely help but it's not fool proof

Hi Fraser,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Truth is that I did a little search on the posts and threads here and got the same vibe. I get that there cannot be perfect all the time, but if there is actual difference would really have an impact.

That’s why I am trying to see if anyone from my country can share their experience.

Hi @Netduma Fraser.

just got my hands on a Netduma R2 for testing.

is there any quick initial steps to implement to start investigating how I improve my gameplay ?

After almost a week of trials, I can say that there is no significant improvement coming from the use of R2 for playing EA FC 24 in Greece, at least from my experience.

It has helped me identified the servers I am connecting to and the ping to them ( interesting fact is that I am getting 36ms on Mainz server, whilst there is a server at the souther border of my country Irakleion, where I get approximately 48ms ping and much worse gameplay).

I have tried connecting to other 3 servers with good ping (France, Netherlands, Switzerland), with no actual improvement in the gameplay.

Today, I returned back to my previous router and the game felt smoother. I don’t mean to badmouth the product for any reason, I just want to share my experience vs my expectations.

it seems like for this game, there is only magic solutions.

Hi Fraser.

please find below attached photos.

also, on ping heatmap ,the server that I am being connected in my own country does not appear. It only appears to Geofilter during gameplay.

IMG_0869.png

IMG_0868.png

IMG_0867.png

IMG_0866.png

• Administrators

I'll let the team know about that server so they can get it added.

You're throttling upload too much and download not enough, put them both at 70% then see if that behaves any better for you.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regarding bandwidth, my connection is 200mbs download and 20mbs upload.

I am throttling upload so much, because from 100 to 20% it doesn’t make any difference, since at 20% and above I am getting bufferbloat and high jitter.

Similar to the download, at 100% is utilises only the 100 out of the 200mbps. Also, I tried having it in lower value but it increased my ping in game. When I ran the ping optimiser from the phone, it adjusted it automatically to 93% approximately.

I will try your recommendation and let you know 

Coming back to it, I experimented with different bandwidth values with no result

i also tried limiting a lot PS5s bandwidth to see if it has any benefit, but the story is the same.

Summing up, it is what it is no matter the equipment, Qos or any other possible tweak 

Performance is the same , if not very slightly better with the PS5 connected directly to modem

• Administrators

That would make sense as no other devices are connected - if the performance is the same and on the R3 that's with QoS & forcing the closest server it sounds like a game side issue