Mesh Network

Alright Guys, i’m having some trouble with Wifi coverage from my games room to my living room. 

I live in an area where fibre broadband isn’t set up so i’m currently running my R2 connected to a Starlink router. I get around 180Mb down and 15up on average but when i test connection on the TV it’s more like 10 and 1 so struggling to watch anything on Netflix etc. 

I’ve got a few questions, 

Would a mesh network fix this issue?

if so, should i turn off the Wifi on both the starlink and R2 and use the mesh as my only wifi network? 

How easy is it to set up? 

Will i get better speeds?

Would having the internet go through so many pass throughs be an issue? 

I’m pretty useless when it comes to PCs etc so please go easy on me. 

Thanks 

• Administrators

Hi @StefanUK,

It's a good question. Unfortunately the R3 doesn't currently support mesh networks but we are considering adding the ability eventually. The hardware can certainly handle it.

What you could do is to set up a mesh network under your R2, and use your R2 to prioritize traffic and such. The issue with this method is that the R2 would see everything connected to your mesh network as one device. Still, it should still be possible to pick out traffic from that device and prioritize it.

Regarding geo-filter, once again it may be possible to filter specific games over your whole mesh network by adding the device to geo-filter.

This is untested so I can't guarantee that it will work, but unless the mesh system messes with the traffic in some way, I can't see why DumaOS wouldn't be able to interact with it.