Constant Lag spikes

blvckg15

Hi there, I’ve been a user of the Netduma R2 for about 4-5 years now and enjoy the features the router and Duma OS provide with gaming. I mainly play Apex and COD. Over the time I’ve owned the device I’ve mainly been connected via an Ethernet cable, but recently I’ve moved house and although the router is close enough, it’s an inconvenience to run an Ethernet cable through the hall to my pc. When gaming on wifi, I’ve found to be numerous amounts of stability issues that present itself and this also happens on other devices also not just my PC. When gaming my ping averages around 14-18ms but without fail every 5-10 minutes it’ll spike past 100ms. I’m currently not running QOS & geo filter as It hasn’t benefited me to do so. I’ve also tested the network priority of which I didn’t notice any difference. Ping optimiser worked well in my case from initial reading of 93ms down to about 3-4ms. I’m running the latest firmware update also, and in terms of Internet connection I have an NBN FTTP connection 50/20 and only 2 onsite users. Would appreciate any recommendations on wifi gaming with the R2. 

• Administrators

Try this for the WiFi and see if you get a better experience:

1. Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds, 2.4GHz for stability
  2. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  3. Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  4. Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  5. Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  6. Set the antennae to this position _ | | _