Miscellaneous Settings

dominican_3niz

• Netduma Staff

I've said this before to others, but I would always say that if you don't know what it does or your not having any problems, leave it as it is - then you don't break anything cause you've change something you shouldn't have.

This is what each one does:

Enable deep packet processing - User for VPN Hybrid and PC games, Having it enabled won't allow you to go in excess if about ~55mbps.
Allow auto feedback(no personal data ever) to help improve the R1 - Sends data to Netduma to improve the router.
Allow remote access to Netduma tech support - For when Iain wants to remote in to fix something if your having tech support with him.
Enable upnp forwarding - If there is a UPnP request from a console then it can forward that UPnP request to the other router to have the port opened.
Enable multicast snooping - Something to do with media centres but no entirely sure what it does.
Enable link-local IPv6 - IPv6 communication within the network I think.
Access control panel from WAN(not recommend) - Access the control panel from the WAN side of then Netduma using the WAN Address.
Enable cookies - Remembers settings such as Zoom and options ticked on GeoFilter. This is per browser because it it cookies. This feature could also be the cause of random reboots.
Enable wifi work-around - When enabled it helps in congested networks although it can cause issues with Wifi dropping out.
Stealth Mode - When enabled, the router drops ping packets.

But as I said before, if your not having issues with one of these it's best to leave it as default :)

Archived