Warzone 2: Can someone in Chile help me with a traceroute test?

JoshTheLuz

Hello everyone,

I'm currently located in Peru and I'm using a Netduma R2 gaming router to isolate the Chilean area in Warzone 2 for better gaming performance. However, despite my attempts to force the game to connect only to servers in Chile, I keep getting connected to servers in Brazil instead.

I've already confirmed that there is a server located in Chile for the game, using Netduma's pingheatmap feature, and I retrieved its IP address (66.203.113.33). When I ran a traceroute from my Windows PC, I noticed that the connection was being redirected from Chile to Brazil. It seems like the Call of Duty server automatically redirects anyone who connects to it to another server, in this case a Brazilian one.

I'm now hoping to get some help from anyone located in Chile to run a traceroute test on the same IP address (66.203.113.33) to see if they're also being redirected to Brazil. It would be great if multiple people could run this test so we can gather more data and hopefully figure out why this is happening.

If you're in Chile and can spare some time to help me out

• 3 weeks later...

hello i am from bolivia and i have the same problem 

1) The hosting that activision uses in mw2 and warzone in chile and part of brazil is https://www.latitude.sh/ and has a small connection and a bad routing in the region Argentina, bolivia, peru, paraguay, uruguay, brazil with high ping ( latency ). 

2) The reason why it does not connect to the warzone 2 server in chile is because they can not fill 150 players, for the reason of high ping (latency) and routing to hosting (Latitude.sh) of activision.

3) If Microsoft manages to buy Activision the servers go to Microsoft Azure which has a region in Chile with greater capacity throughout the region. or switch to another hosting google cloud, oracle cloud, i3D. 

4) The only ISP that has a direct routing to (ixpchile) and activision server is Entel Peru with a ping (latency) 30 ms. 

link to ping (latency) test to activision hosting ( https://lg.latitude.sh/ )

entelperuaserverdewarzone2.thumb.png.2eb2703c17a02f973062547a4dbfa04f.png

Unfortunately, I'm currently in a rented house and using Claro's fiber optic connection, which gives me a high ping of 190ms to the Chilean server. I would love to switch to Entel, but the landlord doesn't allow it.

I've thought about using a VPN to improve my connection, but all the VPNs I've tried still give me a high ping of around 190ms, so they don't seem to help with the routing issue. If you happen to know a VPN that has a direct routing similar to Entel between Lima and Santiago, I would be very grateful for your suggestion.

Thanks again for your help

------------------------------------------------------

Lamentablemente, actualmente estoy en una casa alquilada y utilizo la conexión de fibra óptica de Claro, lo que me da un ping alto de 190 ms al servidor chileno. Me encantaría cambiarme a Entel, pero el propietario no lo permite.

He pensado en usar una VPN para mejorar mi conexión, pero todas las VPNs que he probado todavía me dan un ping alto de alrededor de 190 ms, por lo que no parecen ayudar con el problema de enrutamiento. Si conoces una VPN que tenga un enrutamiento directo similar a Entel entre Lima y Santiago, estaría muy agradecido por tu sugerencia.

¡Gracias de nuevo por tu ayuda!

@lg3d123