pc internet problems

s1rtoast

my pc is wired to my netduma. I am connected to the internet on my pc. I have no problem going to youtube or any other website. However steam and league of legends are saying there is problems with my internet connection. I cant join league games sometimes and i cant connect to steam. Also when i am navigating to some websites like mlg.tv i  notice constant stuttering and loading issues, not sure why

• Netduma Staff

For the issue with not being able to connect to some sites, could you go to Settings >> LAN and change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary to 8.8.7.7. Then see if it lets you connect to the sites that you can't at the moment.

Also make sure that you haven't set your GeoFilter up to filter anything on port 80 as this could block web servers outside the range.

• Netduma Staff

i was trying to get my geo host working so i had all of my devices enabled once i disabled them i was able to join league games and connect to steam

Awesome - as this problem is sorted I'll close the thread. In future it is probably best to only have the devices you use for gaming on the GeoFilter :)

Archived