Installation Questions

Hi all

Having received the R1 this morning, after a few issues I am up and running.  I have the R1 connected via a Asus RTN56U router and as I have read put the R1 into the DMZ.   I do however have a few strange things:

1. It tells me I have the latest firmware of 1.02.2 but I can see from the forum this is not the latest so where can I get the latest one from?

2. The R1 cannot find my Xbox one yet  the console has a connection and an open NAT.  The only place it can see the Xbox one is under DCHP lease.

3. I will assume it is normal to see my Sky TV box as it is connect via cable

4. When I log out of the router none of my setting are saved, as it is now the third time I have inputted my upload and download speed

Many thanks

1) upgrade firmware at: http://netduma.com/upgrade(latest is v1.02.6)

2) Console connected via wireless or wired? Certainly via wired mine picked it up straight away. Are you able to view the xbox in device manager or are you referring to the geo-filter (you have to add the device to geo-filter).

3) Yes you will see the Sky TV come through in device manager. It should auto detect as Sky now but if it classifies as 'nameless device' you can rename.

4) Settings should be saving when you close down. Perhaps try the upgrade and then see if savings stick

Hope that helps and welcome to the boards :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thank-you for purchasing :)

Thanks for helping Buds, really appreciate it.

Just to add to Buds post on point 4. When you set the up and download bandwidth you need to click "Update Bandwidth" button underneath it and it will remember it.

Just to add to Buds post on point 4. When you set the up and download bandwidth you need to click "Update Bandwidth" button underneath it and it will remember it.

Good point, thats why you are the puppet master and I am but the puppet! Also is your mailbox full again Iain? Clear it out need to drop you a message :)

Many thanks for the help, all the issues I mentioned are resolved.  Xbox One is wired, been and played AW to get it a test and all I can say is WOW!!!!  What a difference...

Just 1 or 2 more questions and sorry in advance if I'm being a bit thick!!

I cant seem to move the slider in the anti flood part of congestion control.  I have hovered the mouse over the top, left clicked right clicked but still nothing and in the geo filter I can only seem to increase the filter and not decrease and once again I am only able to use the red tap and not the slider.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Stu,

Sorry for delay. Are you on Internet explorer? If so its a known issue we will resolve it soon. Can you use chrome or firefox please?

Hi All,

I have just got my R1 earlier today and I have been trying to get it up and running but seem to be having the same issues as above.

My X1 is showing up in the DHCP lease screen and has been given an IP and has an open NAT.

The issue I have is that it does not show up in the device manager.  All I have in the list is my laptop and a nameless device.

Any ideas as to why I can't see the devices?  (I am on the latest firmware)

I am using IE but I would not think that is the reason the devices do not show up

thanks

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Atomic Flang LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

Thanks for purchasing the router. Firstly there are a few issues with IE not related to your problem. Can you use Firefox/Chrome please. 

We usually auto-detect the xbox. Is the nameless device the xbox? You can tell my playing a game on it and going to the "Network Monitor". Do you see the colour for the nameless device show up while you're playing. If so that is the xbox, if not are you sure the xbox is connected to the duma and not your other router? 

Hi Iain,

Thanks for the quick response

The X1 is not the nameless device as it has a different IP

I have gone on a game and no traffic shows on the network stats

The X1 is connected to the Duma as the IP is 192.168.88.xxx  rather than my BT HH5 which was 192.168.1.xxx

I have the Duma connected to the HH5 and all other devices to the Duma. I have checked the HH5 and it does not show any other devices

Thanks

Hi Iain,

Sorry for wasting your time.  It was IE related.  I have just fired up my PC (The laptop is a work one that we have to use IE on  :angry:) and it has all appeared in Chrome.

I can see the devices and network traffic for them.

I have an issue now that when i try to setup the Geo Filter I am not able to select a device.  Have i missed something?

http://imgur.com/8t9nGK2

Thanks 

Guest Netduma_Iain

You're not wasting my time at all. Thats why I'm here :)

I've never seen that before. Can you refresh the page and try again please. If it doesn't fix itself I can help you in the chat room. Let me know here first though please :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Flange, sorry only just saw your message in chat about work. Sure just let me know when you get a chance hope you love it :)

Archived