Cant connect to games when behind nighthawk

Hi guys. Something strange here

I basic play 2 games. Gran Turismo and FIFA

When i ply gran turismo i cant connect and start a race when my modem is conected to the nighthawk. Simple as that..cant start a race. When i bypass the router and plug directly to the PS5 it works fine.

In fifa i had never problem connecting using nighthank as my router. But since 2 days ago i cant find an oponnent. When i do the game send me to US main server (250ms ping), but i live in Brazil and always connected to Sao Paulo AWS server, 12ms ping.

Today i decided to test fifa22 and  plugged my modem directly to the PS5 - like i do when playing Gran Tursimo - and easly found a match and 12ms ping. I guess i was routed to SP server normally

I have 2 internet providers at home and it happens to both, only when i use nighthawk as the router. between modem and PS5

Help please

Tks

Gus

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The main feature that would be causing these issues is the Geo-Filter, could you provide a screenshot of that page please?

Like i said and cant find an opponent OR i find in US server.

As you can see the radius is over SP city where the server is located.

Tks

Captura de Tela 2022-07-01 às 19.51.29.png

• Administrators

That all looks good, based on your settings it should absolutely not be finding a server in the US, when that happens could you take another screenshot please so I can see how it has been allowed? 

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That all looks good, based on your settings it should absolutely not be finding a server in the US, when that happens could you take another screenshot please so I can see how it has been allowed? 

Hi there. This morning i found some games here in SP city server, BUT the geofilter window always show me a server  icon (square one) and now is marking a player person icon and i am not able to block it. When i click deny nothing happns.

In the past all i had to do when lag heavy games was deny the server. Now its not the same way.

Tips guys? Tks

Captura de Tela 2022-07-02 às 11.42.52.png

• Administrators

That is a server so it is misclassified as a peer, as it is classified as a peer it is not allowing you to deny it immediately - it's a feature to prevent people kicking others out of games for example.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is a server so it is misclassified as a peer, as it is classified as a peer it is not allowing you to deny it immediately - it's a feature to prevent people kicking others out of games for example.

Tks. Is there another way to deny it? Sometimes the game is lag as hell. 
Is that domain server the ip? Can i block it by iP?   Tks!!!

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Once you have disconnected from the game it will be denied so best thing to do is deny it, disconnect from the game, wait 2 minutes and then search again

First of all tks a lot for all ur supoort.

I dont get your point but i cant quit a game in fifa while in a match cuz count as a loss.

Is there a way to deny using the domain server? Is the domain name the server ip?

in this case incould firewall it, right?

the main reason i use nighthawk+dumaos is the server block feature. Its a great feature iv been using in fifa since fifa19

Since last week the server became a peer so i cant block it. 

Any idea to block a peer?

• Administrators

You can't deny it while you are in a game to avoid a loss, you will have to finish the game, then once you have denied it wait 2 minutes and it will be blocked and you won't connect to it again that is the only way to do so while it shows as a peer to avoid people using it to cheat

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can't deny it while you are in a game to avoid a loss, you will have to finish the game, then once you have denied it wait 2 minutes and it will be blocked and you won't connect to it again that is the only way to do so while it shows as a peer to avoid people using it to cheat

Tks. But how can i block it after a game if the deny button wont work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 12:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's what I mean, press deny, then two minutes after you disconnect from the game the server will be blocked.

Is there a log where i can find the game server IP i am connected to?

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, gprj said:

Is there a log where i can find the game server IP i am connected to?

No not specifically but in the ping panel for the server it will usually show the IP for the domain name