I Tried an Asus!

Harley

I had an opportunity to try an Asus GT AX-6000.

Very impressive piece of hardware, but I have to say that I was really disappointed with the software. Although it is sold as a gaming router, I really didn't think it was at all. There are a ton of features , but out of the box the router is just a general purpose router. True it does have options to configure it for gaming but many of those are actually very tedious to implement. And some of the features like the app to run on your PC to compliment the router, only work for Asus motherboards, which is kinda crazy. If you can even find the app that is. I was especially disappointed with the gaming QOS. Although pretty good when it works, you have to sign an agreement to give all your browsing data and such to Trend Micro to enable the packet inspection to get it to work!! And that was the case with most of the advanced features of the router. Everything was down to third parties who's only interest was to steal all your data. The AX-6000 just isn't  gaming router. It's a normal router with some LED's, and a few apps that aren't even enabled as standard.

I sent the AX-6000 back where it came from and kept my XR1000

P1010016.JPG