Need advice on choosing Next Gen console and Monitor combo.

Sgt-Greco

Hey friends.

As the title says I'm about to upgrade from an old PS4 and a 1080p BenQ RL2455 (both served me well so far, no complaints here).

There are a few things that I have to consider though, and here is where I need your help.

1. My monitor sits on my desk, less than a meter away from me, so anything over 27" is an overkill in my case.

2. 4K monitors @ 27"-28"  are either non existent or hard to find plus they are quite pricey. I also think that in such a small display size , 4K is meaningless (pixels are already dense enough even with FULL HD or 2K resolution).

3. PS5 and XBOX series X output either 1080p or 4K. 

4. I play only Call of Duty (occasionally Titanfall).

5. (this is huge) Microsoft announced new data centers a few kilometers away from my home, but I'm not sure if data centers include gaming servers. (If they do, XBOX S/X seems like a better choice than Playstation).

6. Series S is easy to find (no shortage), it is cheaper and supports native 2K (a resolution easy to find in 27" monitors) but it lacks storage.

on the other hand

7. with PS5 or XBOX Series X you are future-proof for at least 5 to 7 years.

More or less, that's it.

I'd appreciate your input.

Always play where you friends play, unfortunately for me I have them in 3 places... PC, PS5 and Xbox...with that said here is my take on owning the 3.

Xbox is where the deals are, no other console or PC can match what Xbox offers. also with MS basically throwing money at it left and right, the future is good. 

Xbox s is an amazing console, people that have it love it and honestly they have no plans on going with the X.

PS5 is a great console, the price on the games...no really making it better for me. Although I just finished playing last of us 2...probably one of the best games I played. Top 10 for sure...and this is coming from someone that played the original Zelda on released day :)

PC is a mixed bag, you can have all kind of issue based on hardware, software, etc...also the cheating is out of control, but when it works its marvelous. I currently stopped playing vanguard in PC and moved to console.

Monitor, anything that can play 2k 120, you good. I actually was able to see the eve spectrum 4k in person and I am impressed. it actually does 4k120 in consoles, just too expensive for my taste. I actually went to an OLED 48 in LGC1 this year, and honestly I don't think I can go back to a monitor again.