Fibre Optic help

okay. I went to the ps4 network settings and selected the easy setup.  Everything is set to automatic, when the ps4 tries to recieve the IP address there is an error.

This means we have something misconfigured, my guess would be that you still have the DHCP server enabled on the netduma or that the PS4 cannot reach your ASUS' DHCP server.

This can be somewhat confusing, could you please answer the following?

what is the IP of the computer plugged into the R1?

what is the IP of a computer plugged into the ASUS?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please reboot the netduma, perhaps it hasn't taken the settings.  You could also change the IP at the top of the DHCP page to 192.168.1.1...then reboot

okay I changed the ip at the top of the DHCP page and now nothing will load.  i can not connect to the internet through the R1 or the router interface.

edit 1)  now it loaded but nothing changed. Host address still has .88. in it.

edit 2) I hit refresh now it will not load again.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Guateuc please re-enable DHCP and make all local devices automatic. Do not change the LAN setup unless you have a reason to do so. You can end up disconnecting yourself from the router. 

Once you get DHCP running again, how is the playstation connected to the R1?

Guest Netduma_Iain

No that doesn't reset settings it tries to boot a new firmware over ethernet. Please don't try to factory reset them.

I can't acess the router anymore.  I have a screen shot of what it is telling me don't know how to upload it on the forum.  here is copy and paste of it.

RT-AC66R

You failed to access to the web page that you want to view.

Reason for failed connection :

• The network cable is not connected.

We suggest you: (Need account and password of administrator.)

• Please ensure that the cable is properly connected between the router's and the modem's WAN port.

I can't acess the router anymore.  I have a screen shot of what it is telling me don't know how to upload it on the forum.  here is copy and paste of it.

RT-AC66R

You failed to access to the web page that you want to view.

Reason for failed connection :

• The network cable is not connected.

We suggest you: (Need account and password of administrator.)

• Please ensure that the cable is properly connected between the router's and the modem's WAN port.

I believe you want to hook your computer directly to the R1 without it hooked to the ASUS

- Give yourself a static IP 

IP Address: 192.168.1.50

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Then you should be able to hit 192.168.1.1 and change it back to what it was as Iain has requested.  However, given that i've been giving you bad advice...please wait for Iain to respond.

I apologize.

Guest Netduma_Iain

You haven't given bad advice at all abc.

Can you do what abc said above please, can you now connect to the R1?

I believe you want to hook your computer directly to the R1 without it hooked to the ASUS

- Give yourself a static IP 

IP Address: 192.168.1.50

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Then you should be able to hit 192.168.1.1 and change it back to what it was as Iain has requested.  However, given that i've been giving you bad advice...please wait for Iain to respond.

I apologize.

it is cool man no worries. it is learning experiance.

I am on mac idk how do give it a static ip.

edit nevermind :)

For others System Preferences > Network > Click the Connection Type you are using on the left >

For Wifi > Click Advanced > TCP/IP > Change "Configure IPv4" to Manual

For Ethernet > Change "Configure IPv4" to Manual

I had full success.  out of instinct should i change the host address back to .88. from .1.

dang it i screwed up... now it won't load :(

did you change it to .88.?

if so just change the static IP to .88. and the gateway to .88. and you'll be able to hit 192.168.88.1

Archived