Qos line control problem

carmine19

Hi, I wanted to expose a problem I have with the netduma r2 and the qos.

I have a line that constantly has different values ranging from 30 to 70 mb, I noticed that if I set the line to 70 mb in the qos (congestion controll) and in the meantime it goes to 30 for a couple of hours the congestion controll does not work as the band values are higher than the one actually in use, but if I set the congestion controll to the lowest value (30 mb) when the connection goes to 70 this is limited by the congestion controll to 30 so I have to constantly change the values based on to the actual bandwidth I have if it doesn't work well either way.

It would be nice to have a function with the connection benchmark that sets the band automatically based on the last speed test performed so as not to cause problems whether the band goes slow or fast as if it goes slow the connection is limited if it goes fast the congestion controll does not work as it has a higher band set.

PS: sorry my english but it is not my language

• Administrators

Your English is great, I understood perfectly thank you.

We have actually thought of this and we will be implementing in future a sort of Smart QoS that will do things like this and optimize your connection on the fly. Great to hear you want/would benefit from something like this. For now when you suspect your bandwidth is fluctuating you can go to Bandwidth settings and let it auto detect and save what it detects, that will save you some time.

Thanks for the reply.

I find the connection  benchmark  very useful and implementing such a function would be very useful, especially now that there are many 4g / 5g connections which are faster than an FTTC but have values that change many times during the day.