Isp Ont/Router compatible?

Stbmaster

Hi there,

i really want to improve my ping and game experience on Warzone im looking to buy the Netduma R2 but i have a Hawei hg8247h it is a ONT/Router from vodafone, the Firmware wont allow to set up in bridge mode.
Do i need to request my ISP a new ONT? or its possible to connect to the Hawei hg8247h?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

No you shouldn't need to do that. What I would suggest is once the R2 is connected to it, take the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and entering that in the Huawei DMZ (found in Forward Rules > DMZ Configuration) and then disable the Huawei WiFi (WLAN) and then connect all devices to the R2, then you have everything connected together optimally.

Update:My Netduma R2 has arrived today!!
I Setup as u say on ISP i set the local ip(R2) as DMZ and disable the wireless.
2 issues:

The ISP TV BOX lose signal if i connect through the R2 so i connect directly on the ISP.

And the Ping-Heatmap shows servers of Warzone but on Geo-filter the servers dont show up.

• Administrators

Okay it's fine to set up that way if that is what is needed. You won't see all the servers on the map like heatmap. You set your Geo-Filter up and then when you search for a game it will block hosts outside your radius and allow hosts inside your radius, that's when you will see icons appear.