Help needed please

Cheeky monkey

Hi all 

I got my R2 yesterday followed the manual to the letter. 
I set the geo filter draw the box on the best server set up qos. 
boot up cod MW and it is shocking  my ping is a lot worse am getting put in lobbies in Poland Spain Germany All over Europe even my isp router 9/10 put me in uk lobbies l/servers.
when cod is running the geo filter is not showing any thing up. 
my set up is bt smart hub Wi-fi turn off in dmz mode for r2.

As I play on pc i seen in the forums to set pc to PlayStation in device manager. 
I bet it is a setting i messed up I rebooted it factory reset I can’t get it to work. In the end I gave up and unplug it and gone back to my isp router. 
can any one please send me a dummies guild to set the r2 up with a bt smart hub and for the geo filter for cod please? Or even better can tech support login in my r2 and set it up please? 

Really hope some can help as would hate to have to send the R2,back 

many thanks 

Jon 

• Administrators

Thank you for that. Everything looks fine there. Did you add it to the Geo-Filter while the game/game client was running? If so please do the following and it should work from then on:

• Delete device from Geo-Filter
  • Close down completely the game/game client (check task tray as well)
  • Flush the Geo-Filter cloud
  • Re-add the device
  • Wait 2 minutes
  • Load game/client 

Hello again 

I did what was in your DM 

Geo filter is sort of working just keeps putting me in servers I have blocked. 

now the router is dropping my internet and I am having to reboot it. Stays up for a couple of hours than drops again. 
I reset R2 back to factory setting still doing it. 
I got rid of the bt smart hub and got a bit openreach modem. 
my speeds are less than 20meg on any device when I should get around 70-75meg down.

sorry to be a pain  

I have had these same issues when PC gaming.  However, I live in the US and this router keeps wanting to connect me to servers in Europe.  Even with Discord even though in the Discord app I have selected the US East server.  With my Geo Filtering on to allow only US servers (which is larger than I want) the servers keep showing in Europe and then the router blocks them.  I have done all the steps Cheeky Monkey has done and the only way I can connect to anyone to Discord or any game servers properly is to turn off all Geo Filters. 

I have the congestion control to 70% up and down for always on when I game and that is about the only feature out off all the other features that seems to be functioning properly, which is not why I bought this router.  I still have to reboot it 2-3 times a day to fix slow speeds, disconnects on both WiFi and wired and have it elevated on a wire mesh basket to prevent it from overheating.

Are there any steps I should try?

I have been very patiently waiting for the new firmware, will the new firmware fix a lot of these issues?  I am starting to think this is a hot paperweight.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Cheeky monkey said:

Hello again 

I did what was in your DM 

Geo filter is sort of working just keeps putting me in servers I have blocked. 

now the router is dropping my internet and I am having to reboot it. Stays up for a couple of hours than drops again. 
I reset R2 back to factory setting still doing it. 
I got rid of the bt smart hub and got a bit openreach modem. 
my speeds are less than 20meg on any device when I should get around 70-75meg down.

sorry to be a pain  

Set the DHCP Lease time hours to 168, see if that helps with disconnects. Could you provide a screenshot of what happens when you connect to a blocked host please?

29 minutes ago, FunkyBooyea said:

I have had these same issues when PC gaming.  However, I live in the US and this router keeps wanting to connect me to servers in Europe.  Even with Discord even though in the Discord app I have selected the US East server.  With my Geo Filtering on to allow only US servers (which is larger than I want) the servers keep showing in Europe and then the router blocks them.  I have done all the steps Cheeky Monkey has done and the only way I can connect to anyone to Discord or any game servers properly is to turn off all Geo Filters. 

I have the congestion control to 70% up and down for always on when I game and that is about the only feature out off all the other features that seems to be functioning properly, which is not why I bought this router.  I still have to reboot it 2-3 times a day to fix slow speeds, disconnects on both WiFi and wired and have it elevated on a wire mesh basket to prevent it from overheating.

Are there any steps I should try?

I have been very patiently waiting for the new firmware, will the new firmware fix a lot of these issues?  I am starting to think this is a hot paperweight.

I've sent you a PM, please try that. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Cheeky monkey said:

I will do when I am next on cod.

what would cause the slow speed on Wi-fi and hard wire to pc am losing over 40-50 meg 

Could be QoS settings, to be safe disable QoS entirely from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu and see if they improve.

Good morning 

I did that and still no better. 
my pc which is hard wired in R2 with Wi-fi off and nothing else on the router qos turned off I might only get 10meg down. 
I have done factory reset a couple of time doesn’t clear the issue I have to reset the router at least twice a day due to how bad speeds are. 
if disconnect the R2 and just use my bt smart hub my speed are back to normal.

I blocked servers on the geo filter but R2 keeps connecting to them they never turn yellow like they say they should either. Will send a screenshot later to day to show you. 

is there any way you can login on to R2 and have a look please? 
 Cheers once again 

On 10/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a PM, please try that. 

So far this seems to be working much better.  I have not had to reboot for a few days and I have had no issues with Discord servers or game server locations.  I started using the GeoFiltering mode again and worked as expected.  Better WiFi speeds and strength too, which was unexpected.  Thank you.

Only one issue, which is not really a big one so far, but my ping seems to have gotten a little worse by about 15 - 20ms across the board.  I will fiddle with the settings and see if I can get that lowered.  Again, many thanks and I am looking forward to the completed firmware.

• Administrators
On 10/12/2020 at 9:44 AM, Cheeky monkey said:

Good morning 

I did that and still no better. 
my pc which is hard wired in R2 with Wi-fi off and nothing else on the router qos turned off I might only get 10meg down. 
I have done factory reset a couple of time doesn’t clear the issue I have to reset the router at least twice a day due to how bad speeds are. 
if disconnect the R2 and just use my bt smart hub my speed are back to normal.

I blocked servers on the geo filter but R2 keeps connecting to them they never turn yellow like they say they should either. Will send a screenshot later to day to show you. 

is there any way you can login on to R2 and have a look please? 
 Cheers once again 

In Bandwidth Settings, allow it to auto detect your speeds, what does it say for that? If you blocked them by clicking deny in the ping panel they would appear with a circle and a line through it. Any blocked normally with the radius will be the triangle, post a screenshot and I can see what is happening.

1 hour ago, FunkyBooyea said:

So far this seems to be working much better.  I have not had to reboot for a few days and I have had no issues with Discord servers or game server locations.  I started using the GeoFiltering mode again and worked as expected.  Better WiFi speeds and strength too, which was unexpected.  Thank you.

Only one issue, which is not really a big one so far, but my ping seems to have gotten a little worse by about 15 - 20ms across the board.  I will fiddle with the settings and see if I can get that lowered.  Again, many thanks and I am looking forward to the completed firmware.

Great to hear that. Where are you seeing that ping increase, on Geo, Benchmark, in game ping etc?

Ok cheers.

To be honest I am going to send the R2 back for a refund as it no where near a finished router and having to to reboot it every couple of hours is a joke. I need a router that work as I need it for work. Wifi is shocking if I go into the next room I can’t even get a 1 msg. Slow speeds all round.that with qos enable and disable.

My game ping is a lot worse getting out gunned a lot more on the R2 to the point I gone back to my bt smart hub and every thing improves speed Wi-fi games etc.

I don’t know if it’s a firmware problem 

thank for all your help trying to sort it. 
wish netduma well 

do I need to add this topic to the return email team? 

cheers once again for your help. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In Bandwidth Settings, allow it to auto detect your speeds, what does it say for that? If you blocked them by clicking deny in the ping panel they would appear with a circle and a line through it. Any blocked normally with the radius will be the triangle, post a screenshot and I can see what is happening.

Great to hear that. Where are you seeing that ping increase, on Geo, Benchmark, in game ping etc?

I am primarily seeing higher ping in games since I check that all the time while gaming.  It is higher in the Auto Ping section of the Geo-Filtering when playing.  I mostly play RB6 Siege and was hoping to use the Ping Heatmap to do more testing but do not see it listed.  I see it in the Profiles section when I do not use the Polygon Mode in the Geo-Filter, not sure what that does though.  I know that Ping has a lot of different factors (Server Location, Server Capacity, Connection to Server integrity, Hops, ect...) so I will keep messing around with some of the settings.  I used to get around 22 when playing multiplayer games solo and 40 when in a party.  After the latest firmware it is around 35 solo and 60 in a party.

Thanks again for your help.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Cheeky monkey said:

Ok cheers.

To be honest I am going to send the R2 back for a refund as it no where near a finished router and having to to reboot it every couple of hours is a joke. I need a router that work as I need it for work. Wifi is shocking if I go into the next room I can’t even get a 1 msg. Slow speeds all round.that with qos enable and disable.

My game ping is a lot worse getting out gunned a lot more on the R2 to the point I gone back to my bt smart hub and every thing improves speed Wi-fi games etc.

I don’t know if it’s a firmware problem 

thank for all your help trying to sort it. 
wish netduma well 

do I need to add this topic to the return email team? 

cheers once again for your help. 

Something very odd is going on there, probably best if we can collect to debug. All the information is here: https://netduma.com/terms/ you would need to email [email protected], include your order number and a link to this topic.

Just now, FunkyBooyea said:

I am primarily seeing higher ping in games since I check that all the time while gaming.  It is higher in the Auto Ping section of the Geo-Filtering when playing.  I mostly play RB6 Siege and was hoping to use the Ping Heatmap to do more testing but do not see it listed.  I see it in the Profiles section when I do not use the Polygon Mode in the Geo-Filter, not sure what that does though.  I know that Ping has a lot of different factors (Server Location, Server Capacity, Connection to Server integrity, Hops, ect...) so I will keep messing around with some of the settings.  I used to get around 22 when playing multiplayer games solo and 40 when in a party.  After the latest firmware it is around 35 solo and 60 in a party.

Thanks again for your help.

Ping Heatmap will be listed on the left side of the page, you don't see it at all? Check Connection Benchmark, you may need to reconfigure Congestion Control to improve it.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Heatmap will be listed on the left side of the page, you don't see it at all? Check Connection Benchmark, you may need to reconfigure Congestion Control to improve it.

Thanks, I am able to see the Ping Heatmap, I was referring to not seeing RB6 Siege listed as one of the games I can ping the servers to find the best performing server's ping from my location.  Are you able to add that in an update, no big deal if not.

I have gone through and spent a few hours dialing in the best Congestion Control settings with A+ on all 3 tests.  That is how I was able to get the best ping and lowest bufferbloat on both firmware versions.  The original was still giving me the best ping, but the one you sent me fixed a lot more issues with worse ping even after spending a few hours dialing it in.  I can live with this for now since the other issues were more problematic than the higher ping.  Just did not know if you had any further suggestions.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, FunkyBooyea said:

Thanks, I am able to see the Ping Heatmap, I was referring to not seeing RB6 Siege listed as one of the games I can ping the servers to find the best performing server's ping from my location.  Are you able to add that in an update, no big deal if not.

I have gone through and spent a few hours dialing in the best Congestion Control settings with A+ on all 3 tests.  That is how I was able to get the best ping and lowest bufferbloat on both firmware versions.  The original was still giving me the best ping, but the one you sent me fixed a lot more issues with worse ping even after spending a few hours dialing it in.  I can live with this for now since the other issues were more problematic than the higher ping.  Just did not know if you had any further suggestions.

It is actually on our list to be added so we will do that. It's still not a widely tested version the one I gave you so as you're fairly happy now lets wait for the public version and revisit it if you're okay with that?

38 minutes ago, Cheeky monkey said:

Thanks again 

could they not debug it remotely? 

Possibly but they're quite busy and it is usually quicker if they can do it in person. I've sent you a PM.