XR1000 Offline issue

Hi,

I have just received my XR1000 and just set it up, I have an issue with my Xbox showing offline even when it’s hardwired or connected via wifi. This is stopping the geo fencing feature and also QOS from working. When playing a game there is no server / host info. Any advise on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Just a bit of an update I have factory reset the XR1000 and also assigned a static IP to Xbox in LAN but still shows offline in device manager. This is very frustrating as I have upgraded from the XR500 which I’ve had no issues and now I can’t use any of the gaming features which is the hole point of a gaming router.

Has anybody else had a similar issue?

Guest Killhippie

Wait for new firmware possibly. I know its not great advice but I tend to wait maybe 3-6 months before buying new routers these days including models I beta test, so bugs get ironed out. Initial release and first update firmware is buggy generally. Hopefully @Netduma Fraser will have some ideas. Make sure though to not turn bitdefender on. Its a real pain and slows the routers down, that 1.5Ghz triple core will struggle with both DumaOS and Armor running. If you did turn it on, factory reset again and make sure you tick the box saying you dont want to be reminded about it when it pops up and then its never activated.

Just check and Armor isn’t active. So it look like the firmware is buggy. To be fare I’m very let down with it if it is the firmware as this should not have be released in this state especially when I can’t use the gaming features. Hopefully Frazer may have a solution.

4827D539-2EB7-44E1-A90D-23960166F8DB.png

7DA5E149-B359-4840-A0C4-293112F0276A.png

Guest Killhippie

I would turn off auto update of firmware and check the Netgear website for updates once a month or so, then download the firmware and update by the routers interface over Ethernet and factory reset. Its not great to have to do this, but it generally helps get rid of the chances of unwanted glitches, but if you want a device that can handle updates with only a rare factory reset you will generally be looking at at a high end business routers or high end enterprise products and even then you still may have to reset once in a while.