No access to DumaOS, regardless of browser.

Tired Gamer Dad

I had access to DumaOS via http://192.168.77.1/ for about a week once I set up the Netduma R2. I just ignored not being able to use DumaOS for a while and then went through the process of factory resetting my router. I tried the 30-30-30 reset (paperclip in the reset button for 30 seconds while powered on, unplugged power but kept paper clip in for 30 seconds, plugged router back in and kept paperclip in for another 30 seconds). It took a while but I was able to get the router reset up and access DumaOS for about a week again.

I'm running into the issue where I cannot access DumaOS again. I work from home, my kids are doing all of their schooling from home, we exclusively use internet for watching tv/movies etc, and I game using the internet quite often. It's getting pretty frustrating that I can't use any of the DumaOS features. The wifi drops at least once/day as well, which can be fixed by unplugging the router for 30 seconds then plugging it back in.

I keep checking for a firmware update, hoping that this will resolve the problems. However, I'm going to have to do the 30-30-30 factory reset again before I would be able to access DumaOS to install the new firmware.

Help.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Please don't do the 30-30-30 reset as the router should boot up correctly before another reset is attempted. I have sent you a PM for you to try that, it's not the latest that will be released but it should provide more stability.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Please don't do the 30-30-30 reset as the router should boot up correctly before another reset is attempted. I have sent you a PM for you to try that, it's not the latest that will be released but it should provide more stability.

Where should I be looking for this PM?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry for the late reply, not sure how I missed it! All you should need to do is hold down the reset button for 30 seconds and then wait a minute or so for it to boot. I've resent the PM, see if it is there now. 

Perfect. I'll find a gap between classes for the kiddos and work calls for myself to get the router reset and updated. I'll let you know what the result is. Thank you.

@Netduma Fraser since updating the internet has completely cut out twice. The first time I held the reset button down for 30 seconds and had to do the initial setup of DumaOS again. The second time I unplugged for 30 seconds and then plugged it back in. Internet is working at the moment, but it hasn't been stable for longer than 15 minutes since updating. The wifi speed is down from 70 mbps to about 2 mbps, when the wifi is working.

Update - 10:33 am
Wifi download speed is back up to normal. Internet has been steady for about 15 minutes at this point.

Update - 10:52 am

Internet dropped completely again at 10:42 am. Unplugged for 30 seconds and then plugged back in. Internet worked for 30 seconds. I held the reset button down for 30 seconds and had to go through DumaOS setup again. This is interrupting my children's classes and my work at this point. What do you suggest? @Netduma Fraser what do you suggest I do at this point??

Update - 11:12 am

Internet has been down for the last 10 minutes. I unplugged for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Got the router and my computer to talk long enough to reinstall the original 3.0.123 firmware. That was way better than what you sent me this morning....

Edited by Tired Gamer Dad
updating

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it still up now? What is your R2 connected to? Is it a modem or a router and what model is it? We're continuing to work on WiFi so this will be improved.

It's been up since I reverted to the original firmware, DumaOS-R2-3.0.123-Release.sig. 15 minutes now. The router is connected straight to the ethernet port in the wall that comes from our Fiber Optic internet provider.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it all devices that get disconnected? It seems very weird that it is pretty regular. That ethernet port must connect to an ONT? What did you use prior to the R2?

With the original firmware, 3.0.123, I was experiencing wifi interruptions once every day or two, but never any problems with lan connections. With the updated firmware from earlier today, 3.0.138, I was losing all connections every 15 minutes or so and had to manually reset the router to get connection back.

Things are much better with the original firmware. I'll just wait until you officially release new firmware for the R2.

Before the R2 I was using the R1. We were starting to experience drops and weak wifi signal with that (I've had it for years), so I was excited to upgrade to the R2...

As far as what the ethernet connects to, I can't say for sure. There is a fiber optic cable run under ground to the house and then they've connected that to a single ethernet port in the living room.

• Administrators

That is really strange, thank you for all the extra information. Let me know if it happens on the original firmware again and I'll try to get a more current version for you to try. One setting you can try meanwhile is setting the DHCP lease hours to 168.