Router connected but no internet

Its_me

So i have never done any home networking before, but i consider myself rather tech savvy. i was itching to replace my ISP provided router and saw the NetDumaR2 and bought it. i am unaware on how to set up the router. i have followed the instruction booklet and some online tutorials, but i cant get any internet. my modem shows online and my router is plugged in properly. I can connect to DumaOS and change some settings, but the internet never connects. are there any settings i have to change for my modem to allow it to feed the signal to the router? i have a stand-alone modem and separate router from Spectrum if that helps.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to look at the Spectrum router WAN Settings, PPPoE, VLAN, DHCP identifiers etc and see if there is anything input there that you may need to carry across and enter into the R2.

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to look at the Spectrum router WAN Settings, PPPoE, VLAN, DHCP identifiers etc and see if there is anything input there that you may need to carry across and enter into the R2.

I have no idea what settings i need to change, but i will do my best to make sure all fields match. i will update you on the results as soon as i can