Can't access the internet using R2

EX slay3r

Yeah the R2 WAN IP had changed but I corrected it on my modem so both now has .118.
On R2 Network settings there is DMZ IP Address where I typed .181 at the end just like my Xbox shows. It should be correct, right?

All devices are connected to the R2.

I always disable the Geo-Filter once I'm done using it.

After double checking everything it now displays:
NAT Type: Strict
UPnP not successful

• Administrators

Doesn't make any sense. There is nothing else in the setup? No switches, power line adapters, extenders etc? 

Have you set the Xbox to use manual network settings or automatic? 

Have you changed DNS settings anywhere or using the Hybrid VPN feature?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Doesn't make any sense. There is nothing else in the setup? No switches, power line adapters, extenders etc? 

Have you set the Xbox to use manual network settings or automatic? 

Have you changed DNS settings anywhere or using the Hybrid VPN feature?

No, nothing else in the setup.

I haven't touched the Xbox's network settings so I'd assume it's automatic?

Nope, I haven't changed any DNS settings or any other settings and I haven't used the Hybrid VPN feature. I only ticked off the IPv6 in R2 and after that I got the Strict NAT so I went back and turned them on again but it's still Strict.. 😞

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay change to that instead please and see if you get an open NAT after that change.

I was unable to access the internet on my R2 at all when I was in bridge mode no matter what I tried.

I also did some testing and yeah I immediately got Open NAT when I plugged my Xbox in to my modem and then back to Double NAT when I plugged in to R2.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, EX slay3r said:

I was unable to access the internet on my R2 at all when I was in bridge mode no matter what I tried.

I also did some testing and yeah I immediately got Open NAT when I plugged my Xbox in to my modem and then back to Double NAT when I plugged in to R2.

Do you know if you require PPPoE or anything like that? It would make sense why you had no internet through the R2 when it was being used in bridge mode. There must be something on it blocking the R2, I don't think the DMZ will be working correctly. Try port forwarding directly to the R2 so:

Source: 1 - 65535
Destination: 1 - 65535
Protocol: TCP/UDP

That will be like a DMZ so if there is a fault with the DMZ on the hub then this should work.

Which one of these settings I can forward the ports? Is it Virtual Server?

Settings.thumb.png.19acaddda1b267a4487b14d16b2cc3f8.png

I honestly don't really understand what PPPoE is. I have only seen it on the Ethernet Settings page but I have never touched it.

Settings2.thumb.png.bd806a53429227c531491369c2a062e4.png

• Administrators

You can forget about PPPoE, won't need it in this scenario regardless. Disable the Firewall completely, then check the NAT Status. If that doesn't work then you should be able to do the port forwarding I said from the 'Special Applications' page.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:57 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you know if you require PPPoE or anything like that? It would make sense why you had no internet through the R2 when it was being used in bridge mode. There must be something on it blocking the R2, I don't think the DMZ will be working correctly. Try port forwarding directly to the R2 so:

Source: 1 - 65535
Destination: 1 - 65535
Protocol: TCP/UDP

That will be like a DMZ so if there is a fault with the DMZ on the hub then this should work.

It doesn't let me put those Values anywhere here on the Special Applications page?
4g.png.f1548c20ffa13039e4a69ed5c20fbdeb.png

Also I've disabled the Firewall a while ago but it didn't do anything. I still get the same NAT Type: Moderate, Double NAT.

I will be working out of town for 9 days so I will get back to it once I get back home.