Can't access the internet using R2

EX slay3r

Hello,

I just purchased the R2 and it arrived yesterday but I'm having trouble getting it working. I can't seem to get any internet connection from the R2 when I connected my PC and Xbox to it and I don't know where the problem is. I was able to connect to the interface via WiFi using my phone (still no internet connection) but not on my PC through Ethernet cable. My internet works fine when I connect directly to my normal modem.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What internet provider are you with? Is it a pure modem or does it have WiFi as well? Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers to get a connection?

• Administrators

Do you know what the model of the modem is? Ah so the modem takes a SIM card is that right? Did you have a previous router that you connected to this modem or is this your first? Are you able to access the R2 interface? If so have you gone through the setup wizard?

Do you know what the model of the modem is?
Huawei B535 - 232

Ah so the modem takes a SIM card is that right?
Yes

Did you have a previous router that you connected to this modem or is this your first?
This is my first

Are you able to access the R2 interface? If so have you gone through the setup wizard?
I was only able access the interface on my phone using WiFi and I couldn't get the setup done since it couldn't find internet connection and when I tried to skip that it got stuck on "setting up WiFi" screen.

• Administrators

What happens when you try to access the interface via ethernet? It's not ideal to use a mobile browser for the interface, can you use a PC through WiFi at all? If we can get through the wizard and to the interface then it should be easier to resolve it. Otherwise you could hold the reset button down for 30 seconds, wait a minute to boot then try to access and get through the wizard.

It just gives the basic "Unable to connect / Try again" screen when I was trying to access the interface via Ethernet. I was able to go through the initial setup on my Windows Tablet using WiFi.

I plugged in the Ethernet cable to my Windows Tablet and it says “Page not found"

Yeah I can access it only via WiFi. Yes I connected the R2 from that blue internet port to my modem using the cable you provided then I tried two different Ethernet cables to connect to the PC from R2 (the other one was brand new)

Okay well I somehow got it working with internet connection and all!! All I did was unplug everything from R2 and waited a couple of minutes and then I plugged them back the same way they was.

I'm so excited to finally start testing out all the cool features on this bad boy. 🤩 Thank you for the great customer support! I will message here if I stumble upon more issues but right now everything seems fine.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, EX slay3r said:

WiFi and firewall is now disabled on my modem but I can't seem to figure out how I can modify the DMZ on R2?

You can find it in Settings > LAN and it's on the first tab as you load the settings page so just input the IP of the console there.

That didn't seem to fix it. However we were able to have a blast in our gaming session with my friends using the R2 we all loved how well it worked in creating private online games. Just wanted to share this positive feedback that this is worth every penny and just the absolute best router there is! You might get some new customers here in Finland 😊 Keep up the good work!

The Open NAT would be a great extra to get working with this since game invites and message notifications doesn't work for me for some reason if I have a Moderate / Double NAT.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, EX slay3r said:

That didn't seem to fix it. However we were able to have a blast in our gaming session with my friends using the R2 we all loved how well it worked in creating private online games. Just wanted to share this positive feedback that this is worth every penny and just the absolute best router there is! You might get some new customers here in Finland 😊 Keep up the good work!

The Open NAT would be a great extra to get working with this since game invites and message notifications doesn't work for me for some reason if I have a Moderate / Double NAT.

That's great feedback, thanks for sharing! You've done the DMZ twice so there should be no problem, is the NAT showing on the console network settings or on the game?

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great feedback, thanks for sharing! You've done the DMZ twice so there should be no problem, is the NAT showing on the console network settings or on the game?

On the console network settings

IMG_20200926_075844.jpg

On 9/27/2020 at 6:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That is the IP you need to put in the DMZ on the other router then, you've put in .115, once you correct that you'll have an open NAT.

Sorry I didn't have time to get back to this in a few days but now I did correct it but it still says Double NAT detected. I will have to double check if the DMZ IP address is correct on the R2. Is it the one I find from my Xbox's Advanced Network settings under IPv4? Do I need to untick the IPv6 from my R2 since my ISP doesn't support it?

I also came across another problem, whenever I try to access the Geo-Filter it gives me a huge text of some error: error.png.9891b844ea90f58f77f52af521332080.png
This feature worked fine last Sunday but now I can't use it because of this. Doesn't matter if I clear the cache or change the browser.