Open nat type/increase my upload speed

plscarpenter

• Administrators

Think I've found something potentially can you choose custom security on the Arris please and disable the Firewall entirely as that may be blocking traffic. Don't worry the R2 has a built in firewall so you're not at risk.

• Administrators

It really doesn't make any sense, when you use the bridge mode option to the R2 is the console still in the DMZ of the R2? Try port forwarding 1-65535 TCP/UDP straight to the console from the R2, do you get an Open NAT then?

1000mbps download   35mbps upload 

testing on console. With the nighthawk I typically got 400-500 download and 25-30 upload. With the R2 my downloads are about the same, but uploads hardly never get past 5mbps. 
Always Ethernet. 

• Administrators

Okay so you are getting great speeds out of the router so that is good. Speed tests on consoles aren't great but are you using QoS for upload? If you disable DumaOS Classified Games for Traffic Prioritization does it go faster? Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth (rarely more than 1mbps) so definitely enough to game with.

Oh yeah I know you can definitely play with not much more than 1mbps, but I definitely notice the the difference when I’m playing with over 20. 
I pay for 35 so it would be nice to be able to play with something close to that.  It’s like me having an expensive smart phone and all I do with it is make phone calls. 
I disabled traffic prioritization for dumaos classified games, but no change. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, plscarpenter said:

Oh yeah I know you can definitely play with not much more than 1mbps, but I definitely notice the the difference when I’m playing with over 20. 
I pay for 35 so it would be nice to be able to play with something close to that.  It’s like me having an expensive smart phone and all I do with it is make phone calls. 
I disabled traffic prioritization for dumaos classified games, but no change. 

For Bandwidth Allocation choose the applications option and give more allocation to the console and apply, do you receive higher speeds then?

I did what you suggested and no change. 
I also tried other adjustments and the only changes I that happen are to the download speed. Very strange. Lol

I do a connection test and every time the upload never changes...41mbps. Also strange to me. Seems like in the amount of times I tested it, there would be some variance from test to test. 

Well appears now that the R2 router isn’t working at all. I did several factory resets and I get nothing. The lights on the router all light up, but absolutely no internet connection. 

When I factory reset the R2 it goes through the initial startup process. Now it can’t detect an internet connection. 

I do have the option to do WAN SETUP, but I don’t know how to do that. 

Went ahead and tried to connect my Netduma R1 and had the same results as the R2. 

I did not have this issue when I connected my Nighthawk XR500. 

Strange. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, plscarpenter said:

Well appears now that the R2 router isn’t working at all. I did several factory resets and I get nothing. The lights on the router all light up, but absolutely no internet connection. 

When I factory reset the R2 it goes through the initial startup process. Now it can’t detect an internet connection. 

I do have the option to do WAN SETUP, but I don’t know how to do that. 

Went ahead and tried to connect my Netduma R1 and had the same results as the R2. 

I did not have this issue when I connected my Nighthawk XR500. 

Strange. 

What wasn't working prior to the resets?

During the Setup Wizard if you choose WAN Setup you have the option to skip so you can continue on to the interface. Get the XR500 MAC address and put this in the MAC override option in the R2 network settings, apply then reboot. Does that get you a connection back? Prior to doing this though what version are you on as I believe there is an early version where it doesn't work.