Open nat type/increase my upload speed

plscarpenter

Hello, I just received the new NetdumaR2 and I have some settings that I’m unable to apply. First, I’m unable to get the router to have an open nat type for my PS4 while playing COD. 

Secondly, my upload speed is unusually low now. Typically I it’s at 25-30mbps, but now with the router it doesn’t get past 5mbps. I’ve played around with the QoS settings and it has made no difference. 
I previously had the Nighthawk Netgear with dumaos and my upload speed were good. 

Please can you help me with these settings, other wise I don’t feel like I’m getting the potential use out of this router and will be very disappointed. 

Thank you. 

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup? How are you testing the NAT status, from the game or console network settings?

Are you testing speeds through ethernet or WiFi? Have you entered the speeds you expect in Bandwidth settings in the Congestion Control options? Also if you disable QoS completely here do you get full speeds?

• Administrators

Use this firmware and see if that resolves that issue please:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Router connected to modem, console connected to router. 
Testing nat type on console which is shows type 2 but in game it says moderate. 
Speed being tested through Ethernet and I have entered the expected speeds in the bandwidth settings. 

• Administrators

If you did it via WiFi you may need to reconnect. Then refresh the page, does it work? In the Device Manager change the Device Type for the PlayStation to PlayStation then re-add it and choose the manual option. To disable just click the toggle for filtering mode under the device name.

Still no change. Maybe in the morning over there in the U.K. someone can remote access into my router. I have enabled to allow remote access. 

I’m getting frustrated with this router now and becoming very disappointed. 

• Administrators

Thanks for that, I can see that you're using IPv6 at the moment so what I would suggest is either disable IPv6 in which case put the WAN IP of the R2 found in System Information or put the IPv6 address the Arris has given the R2 into the DMZ. On the Arris make sure you setup a static/reserved IP for that same address to the R2 so it doesn't change. Apply that, then enter the console DMZ in the R2 settings. Again give the console a static/reserved IP in DHCP settings. Then reboot both of them and see if you get an open NAT.

The router isn’t allowing me to change the first 3 place holders, only the last one can I change. 
192.168.77.130 I can change the 130. 
im trying to input 10.0.0.14, which is the WAN IP from router system information and also the same from IPv6 address the Arris has given to the R 2. 

84A7CB2D-FDD4-44B9-921B-ECC8FB01D923.jpeg

• Administrators

I will try to clarify what you need to do:

1. Go to System Information on the R2 interface
  2. Copy the WAN IP
  3. Go to the Arris interface
  4. Go to DMZ and paste the IP you copied from the R2 interface
  5. Go back to the R2 interface and go to device manager
  6. Check/copy the IP of your console
  7. Go to R2 Settings & enter the IP you just saw/copied into the DMZ

Once you do this you will have an open NAT. Judging on the previous post you've been entering it into the wrong place which is why it isn't working.

You can see the terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/