ISP modem DMZ

CJCoug

Hi, just had a quick question about putting the R2 in the DMZ of my ISP modem/ router combo. When I look at the WAN IP on the R2 it does not match the IP that the ISP modem is assigning it. It is the correct MAC address just the differing IPs. Not sure if this is an issue I know that when looking for how to put it in the DMZ is says to use the R2s WAN it lists in it's settings. I don't know a ton about this stuff, just wanted to make sure I have it in the DMZ correctly.

Fraser, when I got home to take the pictures the WAN IP in the ISPs DMZ matched the R2s. Not sure how or why but everything seems to be good to go now. On a side note, you've helped me with several issues with my R1 in the past just by lurking in the forum and following the advice you have given someone else. So thanks for that and I appreciate the quick response to this now non issue.

• Administrators

Glad to hear it, do let us know if it happens again. Well I'm very happy to have been able to help you indirectly, you're welcome. I'll close this topic now as the issue is resolved but feel free to open another if you have any other issues or questions and we'll be happy to help.