Not connecting to R2

PoddyMcQ

Well after the R2 working fine for a few hours on Friday, it suddenly decided it didnt want to work (an hour before i was meant to login to work from home) i didn't have the time to troubleshoot then so i reverted back to using the Virgin Hub3 as a router and would investigate today (no work for 4 days)

So here is where i'm at.

Hub3 is back in Modem Mode, it's connected to the internet fine, but i can't get connected to the R2 console to check settings. I get the error. 'Site cannot he reached' i'm using 192.168.77.1 (i haven't changed any settings on the R2)

i have just restarted (not reset) the R2 to see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn't does anyone have any idea why it's not working?

Attached is what i see via command prompt and network settings

1909483C-708B-4A41-AB1D-C3B208BDDB5B.jpeg

AA0BFB59-05FB-4810-A19C-A750C18AB34E.jpeg

After a restart, i can now logon to the R2

but i still have no internet access

i have also noticed the time is wrong on the R2 (thinks it's 10:10am when it's actually 7:30am UK)

I was able to connect to the R2

and restarted the Hub3, i can now browse the internet, but my computer is telling me i'm not connected to the internet.... lol

Reset my adapter settings and it now say's i'm connected to the internet

but i don't know why it stopped working on friday

Guest Killhippie
23 hours ago, PoddyMcQ said:

I was able to connect to the R2

and restarted the Hub3, i can now browse the internet, but my computer is telling me i'm not connected to the internet.... lol

Have you shut the computer down? Its been so hot here some devices are not coping well. Also flush the DNS cache as well,Select the “Start” button, then type “cmd“. Right-click “Command Prompt“, then choose “Run as Administrator“. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press “Enter“. ( be sure there is a space before the forward slash) 'm not a windows user so its going back over memory here. Also try turning off the R2's QoS and see if that helps first, if not try re-flashing the R2's firmware, and reset it via the pinhole in the back and see it operates normally. Constant swapping of mac addresses may be confusing windows possibly or virgin lol.  I'll leave you in the hands of someone more up with Windows like @Netduma Fraser. :) It could just be heat, try a fan aimed at the router to see if that helps or lift it up so it gets more cooling. Just a guess but it may help. Sorry I cant be more helpful. myself.

• Administrators

Thanks for all the information, so just to confirm everything is working as expected at the moment?

It's hard to say exactly what happened though having the Virgin Hub in modem mode can sometimes present issues getting things to connect to it properly (speaking from personal experience) so that might have had something to do with it. Best thing is if it's working just keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again.