Set up advice for new equipment?

Could someone tell me what to buy?

My cable company requirements; 

Certifying Devices for the Cox Network

The DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 devices listed below meet our service and performance requirements and are certified for use with all Cox High Speed Internet packages.

• Speeds are not guaranteed and may vary based on individual circumstances.
  • Cox does not promote or endorse any particular device or manufacturer for your use.
  • Review the modem manufacturer’s specifications to choose a device based on your individual needs.

DOCSIS 3.0

DOCSIS 3.0 or higher devices are required for all new Cox High Speed Internet customers. Current Cox customers should ensure they have a minimum of a DOCSIS 3.0 device in order to consistently receive optimal speeds. Additionally, Ultimate customers are required to have a minimum of a DOCSIS 3.0 device with a minimum of 16x4 or higher channel bonding to achieve package speeds.

DOCSIS 3.1

DOCSIS 3.1 devices listed below are certified for use with all Cox High Speed Internet package speeds.

• Cox-certified DOCSIS 3.1 devices are backward-compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 technology.
  • DOCSIS 3.1 service may not be available in all areas.

Special Recommendations for WiFi

• If your primary Internet usage will be via wireless devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile devices, Cox recommends a dual band 802.11-AC WiFi modem. Dual band 802.11-AC WiFi modems provides the best in-home WiFi experience.
  • To learn more about WiFi, visit www.cox.com/wifisupport.

The Highest Compatible Package outlined in the table below is based on a wired connection.

Certifying Devices for the Cox Network

The DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 devices listed below meet our service and performance requirements and are certified for use with all Cox High Speed Internet packages.

• Speeds are not guaranteed and may vary based on individual circumstances.
  • Cox does not promote or endorse any particular device or manufacturer for your use.
  • Review the modem manufacturer’s specifications to choose a device based on your individual needs.

DOCSIS 3.0

DOCSIS 3.0 or higher devices are required for all new Cox High Speed Internet customers. Current Cox customers should ensure they have a minimum of a DOCSIS 3.0 device in order to consistently receive optimal speeds. Additionally, Ultimate customers are required to have a minimum of a DOCSIS 3.0 device with a minimum of 16x4 or higher channel bonding to achieve package speeds.

DOCSIS 3.1

DOCSIS 3.1 devices listed below are certified for use with all Cox High Speed Internet package speeds.

• Cox-certified DOCSIS 3.1 devices are backward-compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 technology.
  • DOCSIS 3.1 service may not be available in all areas.

Special Recommendations for WiFi

• If your primary Internet usage will be via wireless devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile devices, Cox recommends a dual band 802.11-AC WiFi modem. Dual band 802.11-AC WiFi modems provides the best in-home WiFi experience.
  • To learn more about WiFi, visit www.cox.com/wifisupport.

The Highest Compatible Package outlined in the table below is based on a wired connection.

I would like to buy the best. I like online gamming and have a ethernet wired to the basement gamming room. Do I buy a gamming router too? Anything else I should buy? I want the best.

View the full article