Cannot get network prioritisation to work properly (XR500)

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought a XR500 Nighthawk gaming router. I cannot however get the network traffic prioritisation to work properly. Sometimes it picks up game traffic (Blizzard launcher) but then it turns off when actually playing a game (World of Warcraft). Some games it doesn't even pick up at all (Battlefield 1, 2 & 3; Call of Duty: WWII). I've tried automatic by enabling the "DumaOS Classified Games" option via the associated checkbox. I've also tried adding devices/profiles but that doesn't seem to work either. I've also tried manually entering ports, but get an error message saying that they overlap with another profile. There are some prioritised packets but hardly any at all (~150 out of ~500k).

I've also applied anti-bufferbloat and capped it at 75% for both upload and download. As far as bandwidth allocation goes, that's also at 75% for upload and download for my PC and 25% for upload and download assigned to my smartphone. I also have the geo-filter enabled, based in the UK and set to 1400km in filter mode (profile is for Call of Duty).

My current setup network wise is I have a BT home hub 5 (an awful piece of equipment I know) setup as an access point. I have the XR500 WAN port connected to the BT router via a LAN socket. This setup will change in the future though when HyperOptic get back to me about why my 1Gbit/s fibre only has a download speed of 5Mbit/s. When that's sorted I'll put the HyperOptic router in modem mode and use that instead.

Any help is much appreciated! If you need any more information then please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance!

View the full article