Host filtering not working with PS4

hi there, i'm having a problem with my host filtering not showing who im getting connected to. Everything else is working perfectly, but just this one problem. I'm not very tech savy so would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forums.

First of all, have you added the device to the GeoFilter has shown here?

If you have and it still isn't working can you make sure that you are using Chrome as your internet browser :)

• Netduma Staff

hi there, yeah i added my console as shown in the link above. i orginally tried it on firefox but when that didnt work i tried explorer and the chrome, all with no luck :(

Could you take a screen shot of the GeoFilter page please :) Make sure it includes the very top.

• Netduma Staff

Correct, the only thing that shows up is the white location arrow. I'm so confused !

Can you go through the steps again to add the device to the GeoFilter and they see if anything shows up.

If nothing comes up can you right click on the GeoFilter page, click 'inspect element' then click the tab that says 'console', take a screen shot of what you see and post here like you did before :)

• Netduma Staff

Heres the screenshot :) Thanks,

Ok - nothing wrong there then. Did you try re-adding the device tot eh GeoFilter? Also, are you running any ad-blocker on your browser. If you are then could you try disabling it.

Yeah i done a factory reset on the router and started completely from scratch but no luck there. I haven't got any ad-blockers installed either. The only other thing that i can think of is when i go onto "Device Manager", it tells me to "View other router interface" incase i have a moderate/strict NAT type, but its open. Other than that, i'm completely baffled!

• Netduma Staff

Yeah i done a factory reset on the router and started completely from scratch but no luck there. I haven't got any ad-blockers installed either. The only other thing that i can think of is when i go onto "Device Manager", it tells me to "View other router interface" incase i have a moderate/strict NAT type, but its open. Other than that, i'm completely baffled!

Can you make sure your fully zoomed out to check if your Getting the hosts connecting from outside. Search for a popular game mode like TDM so that there are definitely games you would be connecting to.

• Netduma Staff

Yeah i've tried both of those aswell, played through multiple games hoping it would connect afterwards but it never did :(

Would you try on a different device and see if the circles come up please :)

• Netduma Staff

attached is what i see on the device manager. Thanks,

Are you on PS4/ If you are can you go to Settings >> Network and take a picture of the Network details and post it here as you have been doing. Thank you.

• Netduma Staff

YOU ARE A LEGEND !!!!!!! haha my console was forcing me to use wifi connection instead of the ethernet cable. wow i feel like an idiot now ! thank you so much for all your help!

Awesome! So its working now then? :)

• Netduma Staff

working perfectly, cant believe i was so stupid haha. once again, thanks for all your help!

Great! Good work on fixing your problem. I hope you have fun playing with the Netduma now! :)

Archived