XR500 - HomeKit issues

Hello,

I have recently installed a XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router and I have had issues with Apple HomeKit, specifically with my Lutron Caseta Smart Hub. I have serveral other HomeKit devices that have continued to work wonderfully, but they are either connect over Bluetooth or WiFi; the Smart Hub is the only one that connects over ethernet. I have CenturyLink fiber internet, so I have the XR500 configured to use PPPoE and a VLAN tag of 201 on the WAN (there is an issue with configuring the VLAN where it throws a 400 error when you go to apply it, but you can configure it using the telnet debug interface, but this is beside the point) and things have worked beautifully for everything but the Smart Hub when I use HomeKit. Speeds are great, gaming is great, but this has thrown a wrench in things. I can use the Lutron Caseta app and access and control the lights, my Google Home Mini can also access and control the lights. If I turn off WiFi on my iPhone and restart the Home app (the one built into iOS) I can also access and control my Smart Hub over HomeKit. I am assuiming this has something to do with that my iPhone would be communicating through my AppleTV, which also is connected over ethernet. This happens with my wife's iPhone, and both of our iPads. It seems that if the iOS device trys to access the device directly over WiFi it doesn't work, but if it goes through the AppleTV it works just fine.

I have explored all of the many settings that are included with the router, but I haven't found any that make a difference. I have tried reconfiguring the Smart Hub (both the hub and HomeKit) as well as the XR500. With the XR500, I have tried to restore it using a saving configuration file as well as resetting it up from scratch multiple times. I have updated the firmware to the most recent release as of 02/27/2018, which is V2.1.0.6.

Any help or insight any of you may have would be greatly appricated! I really, really like this router and don't want to return it.

Thanks! 

View the full article