2 gamers 1 house question

So I have a 20 mbps download and around 2 mbps upload speed at home. The problem is that my brother watches netflix and play online from his xbox and I play and watch netflix from my gaming pc. When he begins to watch netflix and I began to play my ping begins to jump like crazy. Can the netduma to fix this problem? Where should I put the anti flood sliders with my internet speeds? Can the router help me out if I want to stream on Twitch and also play online? For last, does the anti flood feature works with only one device or how does it work?

I post this same question on Netduma's reddit but I think here I will get more answers.

Thank you 

So I have a 20 mbps download and around 2 mbps upload speed at home. The problem is that my brother watches netflix and play online from his xbox and I play and watch netflix from my gaming pc. When he begins to watch netflix and I began to play my ping begins to jump like crazy. Can the netduma to fix this problem? Where should I put the anti flood sliders with my internet speeds? Can the router help me out if I want to stream on Twitch and also play online? For last, does the anti flood feature works with only one device or how does it work?

I post this same question on Netduma's reddit but I think here I will get more answers.

Thank you 

That exactly is what the point of the router is. It will fix any local congestion issues in your house from other people using the internet.

That exactly is what the point of the router is. It will fix any local congestion issues in your house from other people using the internet.

Yeah what I want to know if it works for multiple people playing at the same time? Who gets the bandwidth it "takes" when you use the anti flood?

Yeah what I want to know if it works for multiple people playing at the same time? Who gets the bandwidth it "takes" when you use the anti flood?

It works with as many people as you want. Nobody gets any extra bandwidth, unless you specifically limit theirs with Device prioritization.

yBJfS6WaSGuhdgF1uouGEw.png

But that's not necessary. I don't use it. You just set the congestion control sliders to 70% and you won't lag from someone watching Netflix.

pcejJpT_TVmilMt8SJs_qw.png

Now you can also add your consoles to hyper lane. With Hyper-Traffic you can enable your gaming traffic to bypass everything in your home, meaning there is no queuing of packets and your gaming traffic leaves/comes in your home first no matter what. This means there should be very little jitter/spiking when gaming. All of this happens without anyone realizing what's going on.

0Jg7f41BS_Sxey7tOBYwBg.png

If you get 20 down and 2 up, you'll see a slight speed decrease with congestion control set at 70% but you won't notice it while doing anything online.

Read more here:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000026365-getting-started-with-congestion-control

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000023979-optimal-settings-guide#Local

It works with as many people as you want. Nobody gets any extra bandwidth, unless you specifically limit theirs with Device prioritization.

yBJfS6WaSGuhdgF1uouGEw.png

But that's not necessary. I don't use it. You just set the congestion control sliders to 70% and you won't lag from someone watching Netflix.

pcejJpT_TVmilMt8SJs_qw.png

Now you can also add your consoles to hyper lane. With Hyper-Traffic you can enable your gaming traffic to bypass everything in your home, meaning there is no queuing of packets and your gaming traffic leaves/comes in your home first no matter what. This means there should be very little jitter/spiking when gaming. All of this happens without anyone realizing what's going on.

0Jg7f41BS_Sxey7tOBYwBg.png

If you get 20 down and 2 up, you'll see a slight speed decrease with congestion control set at 70% but you won't notice it while doing anything online.

Read more here:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000026365-getting-started-with-congestion-control

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000023979-optimal-settings-guide#Local

So basically I just put the caps at 70% and both my xbox and pc while I game will have no lag if someone else begins to watch netflix or other stuff. The second thing that I thing its difficult with 20 download and 2 upload is to stream to twitch and play online while someone is streaming netflix or also playing at the same time. 

So basically I just put the caps at 70% and both my xbox and pc while I game will have no lag if someone else begins to watch netflix or other stuff. The second thing that I thing its difficult with 20 download and 2 upload is to stream to twitch and play online while someone is streaming netflix or also playing at the same time. 

Yes, essentially you are capping your speeds so that nobody can use 100% of your connection. That's what causes packets to queue up, which is what makes you lag. This is even more of an issue with such low bandwidth like yours.

To answer your question as simply as possible... Yes, the Netduma will work. Assuming you are lagging because of people streaming or watching Netflix. It can't fix a broken game like COD or fix issues with your ISP like packet loss or issues outside your house on your internet line.

Yes, essentially you are capping your speeds so that nobody can use 100% of your connection. That's what causes packets to queue up, which is what makes you lag. This is even more of an issue with such low bandwidth like yours.

To answer your question as simply as possible... Yes, the Netduma will work. Assuming you are lagging because of people streaming or watching Netflix. It can't fix a broken game like COD or fix issues with your ISP like packet loss or issues outside your house on your internet line.

Oh cool I will buy it and try it out. Thank You