Starting have major issues with 2.4 GHZ

regulator95

I am really starting to have major issues with 2.4ghz wireless on the netduma. Unfortunately I live in an area that is clearly overridden with 2.4ghz routers, phones whatever. Recently I have started to notice on wireless that my speed is very latent and almost half my normal speed(25mbps). I am normally not a speedtest guy but i have noticed even normal surfing it is laggy and slow.

I am not sure if the hardware in the netduma router is starting to fail or if it is congestion. I have an asus gaming router that even on 2.4 ghz gets me 29mbps (higher than my normal speed). My sonos audio components have also started randomly dropping and stop playing music. 

Has anyone else experienced major wireless problems (speed wise especially)?

Thanks
Shaun

No issues here but I live in a quiet residential area so not an area overloaded with wifi signals.

It might be worth checking to see which wifi channel has the least interference / overlap and adjust your channel accordingly. Use something like inSSIDer to check

• Administrators

I don't think its a hardware issue its more likely a congestion issue. I'd suggest using a wifi analyser as Buds said and choosing a different channel. Worst case scenario we can hook up the other router & get the wifi from that as well. But if it was good and now its worse then its almost certainly interference. 

Archived